Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For Sale or Trade: S2 Avant Rear Hubs. HELP!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Sale or Trade: S2 Avant Rear Hubs. HELP!!!

S2 Avant Rear Hubs >For> S2 Coupe, Limo, or Avant FRONT Hubs!
    These are (2) rear avant hubs that are in perfect used condition and ready to mail out .

Asking: 160 Pounds Sterling or I will trade straight up for S2 Front Hubs!

The S2 Hubs I bought through this forum (rears shown for trade here) as a set; front hubs worked for the Coupe, but the rears I received, apparently from an Avant) did not for the rear of the Coupe. I was later told that the fronts of a Coupe and Avant are the same, but the rears are different. I was HAD.

I NEED FRONT HUBS FOR A S2, CHEAP, SO PLEASE HELP!!!
    Email me direct at -> jackcdean@gmail.com
    Last edited by dean16v; 17 November 2010, 20:30.
    "My Knuckles bleed on the quest for speed"

Surely you want S2 coupe rear hubs?
    Black B3 1990 CQ 2.3E converted to ABY & 6spd. (301bhp) - Now Sold
    03 Dolphin B6 S4 Avant LPG - New Daily Wagon
    01 Silver D2 A8 3.7 quattro sport - SOLD

"Difficult is worth doing"

Comment

Originally posted by re2500 View Post
      Surely you want S2 coupe rear hubs?
      No, I was actually told the rears of an avant were the same, so I sold them as fronts, but now have to get the guy the correct ones, sucks ****! I need (2) front Coupe Hubs

Comment

I think you misunderstood what someone told you. Front hubs (coupe and avant) are the same, the rears hubs (coupe and avant) are the same too.
        The front and the rears are different parts.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuvo View Post
          I think you misunderstood what someone told you. Front hubs (coupe and avant) are the same, the rears hubs (coupe and avant) are the same too.
          Wherever the misunderstanding was, I had gotten mixed up, and need a set of Coupe or if the same Avant or B3/B4 chassis 5x112 wheel pattern front hubs. AND Fast! LOL

Comment

maybe the rear hubs themselves are the same, the carriers are not!

Comment

Originally posted by quattrostyle View Post
              maybe the rear hubs themselves are the same, the carriers are not!
              I have looked up the part numbers and everything has been confirmed.

I NEED FRONT HUBS!!! They can be from any S2 or b3/b4 chassis with a 5x112 wheel pattern.

Can anyone help???

Comment

All hubs are 5x112 on S2s, the shape/size of the spindle relative to the carrier is different as the Avant has a completely different rear suspension setup

Originally posted by Nuvo View Post

Comment

I'm still here and read posts! Its a little rude to have a dig about what I sold you, stating you were 'HAD' implies I deceived you, which is a lie - I will happily dig out all correspondence - posts and emails to confirm if you like! http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37035

My advert clearly stated I was breaking an S2 Avant. You wanted the hubs, without carriers due to shipping costs. When you got the hubs and told me you had a coupe I explained the rear hub size difference due to the updated rear suspension setup on the Avant. What I told you was correct, what you have posted here is not. Avant hub spindles can be used front or rear on an Avant (ie are the same) - So any of the 4 hubs I sent will fit the front on a Coupe. You need a pair of Coupe rear hubs.

So choose your words carefully - there is no apparently, thats a fact. Check the part numbers with Audi to verify - I sold you a full set of S2 Avant hubs.

I would edit your first post as you may well get sold another set of Avant fronts which are the same as you have.

Originally posted by dean16v View Post
                  S2 Avant Rear Hubs >For> S2 Coupe, Limo, or Avant FRONT Hubs!
                  These are (2) rear avant hubs that are in perfect used condition and ready to mail out .

Asking: 160 Pounds Sterling or I will trade straight up for S2 Front Hubs!

The S2 Hubs I bought through this forum (rears shown for trade here) as a set; front hubs worked for the Coupe, but the rears I received, apparently from an Avant) did not for the rear of the Coupe. I was later told that the fronts of a Coupe and Avant are the same, but the rears are different. I was HAD.

I NEED FRONT HUBS FOR A S2, CHEAP, SO PLEASE HELP!!!
                  Email me direct at -> jackcdean@gmail.com

Comment

@Trist28
                    I didn't know that front and rear were interchangeable on the Avant on account of them having the having the same shape/size of spindle. I appreciate the rear hub carriers (and suspension) differs between Coupe and Avant.

ETKA shows the front hubs as sharing the same part number for Coupe and Avant, the rear hubs for the Coupe and Avant share the same part number too (different number).

Is ETKA wrong in this case? It wouldn't be the first time.

Comment

Clarification

Just to clear this up.... I was the one who purchased the "S2 front hubs" that are allegedly interchangable with the fronts. Now, the hub on the left in this picture is the factory coupe quattro 4x108 front hub. The S2 front hub is supposed to be a direct swap utilizing the same bearing and sharing an identical offset; meaning all I would have to do is redrill my rotors and bolt it all back up. However, as you can see the avant rear hubs have a 10mm difference in offset and ARE NOT IDENTICAL TO S2 FRONTS. Yes the splines are the same, and they work in the bearing and spindle. BUT, the offsets are different.

Now does anyone have a pair of S2 front hubs for sale or trade
                      Part # 895-407-615A
                      Attached Files

Comment

Trist28 isn't to blame at all here, so lets make that clear!!! He is actually an amazing help and a great connection for me in getting me the spares to make an S2 Coupe project go much smoother. I owe him the world and I am greatly appreciative!!!

Yes, I purchased S2 Avant front and rear hubs from Trist28, knowing they were from an Avant he was breaking, but also under MY understanding that they were the same as the Coupe chassis. So in essence, I too got fooled by the ETKA information and failed to get good information though the forum, plus there are no Avants here in the US colonies.

The fact is, the front hubs are all the same, Coupe, Avant, Limo, but the rears are very different (primarily the offset). I was told, through forums and other people, that the Avants had (4) fronts, so I used the fronts from Trist28 (Avant) on my Coupe and readily available B5 A4 hubs in the rear, then sold the Avant rear hubs (note, thinking they were the same as the front) to a mate also building an S2 Coupe, and got into a bit of trouble.

I am trying to correct the issue by replacing these hubs with front hubs, thats all. I am trying to make good and get him the correct front hubs for as inexpensively as possible since I am broke. So, who can send me a cheap set of front S2 hubs, bail a mate out, and put an end to all this chatter? Please.

Comment

Working...
                        X