A bit of a bargain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A bit of a bargain

Hi again guys, back in July i got speaking to a guy who was going to be selling his 95 N S2 coupe . Spoke to him last night and am viewing tomorrow. Just had a new clutch fitted at a cost of £800 plus. He is looking for £6k , does that sound like a steal at that price. Car is indigo blue,black heated leather,aircon that works,elec rear windows and fash. Mileage 76200

That does sound cheap with that spec. Has it got a sunroof too ?
    Now RS2'less

'99 VW Passat VR5 Sport

Comment

Originally posted by Pete_RS2
      That does sound cheap with that spec. Has it got a sunroof too ?
      As far as i can remember i think it does, walnut cappings and some other goodies too. I'm led to believe that it was an ex-demo.

Comment

Originally posted by brm180
        Hi again guys, back in July i got speaking to a guy who was going to be selling his 95 N S2 coupe . Spoke to him last night and am viewing tomorrow. Just had a new clutch fitted at a cost of £800 plus. He is looking for £6k , does that sound like a steal at that price. Car is indigo blue,black heated leather,aircon that works,elec rear windows and fash. Mileage 76200
        its about the right price but it needs to have full history at that money

Comment

Why has he had a new clutch at 76K? they should last longer than that if the car has been driven reasonably.

David

Comment

They are known to get heavy on the S2.

How long do they last on the M****s M***r David ? You probably have to double declutch don't you ?
            Now RS2'less

'99 VW Passat VR5 Sport

Comment

Very low miles - sounds cheap too, could be a bargain
              Ex 1994 Avant - now driving a Lotus 340r

Comment

Originally posted by Stick Insect
                Why has he had a new clutch at 76K? they should last longer than that if the car has been driven reasonably.

David
                Apparently the clutch just gave up on him, he managed to get to the Audi dealer where it was replaced. Car has been serviced all it's life at the Audi dealer and anything that needed replaced has been done. I think it got new brake pipes and linings for the last mot. The guy who owns it is in his late forties and has had the car for several years . Thimk he is replacing it with an S3/S4.

Comment

Apparently the clutch just gave up on him, he managed to get to the Audi dealer where it was replaced. Car has been serviced all it's life at the Audi dealer and anything that needed replaced has been done. I think it got new brake pipes and linings for the last mot. The guy who owns it is in his late forties and has had the car for several years . Thimk he is replacing it with an S3/S4.
                  Some people who drive hard have had clutches last for 150K miles I believe. Maybe others can comment. If the rest of the car looks ok then an early replacement of the clutch is nothing to worry about. It gives you another load of miles to not worry about!

David

Comment

Originally posted by Stick Insect
                    Some people who drive hard have had clutches last for 150K miles I believe. Maybe others can comment. If the rest of the car looks ok then an early replacement of the clutch is nothing to worry about. It gives you another load of miles to not worry about!

David
                    Hi again guys. Had a test drive of the S2 at lunch time and i'm more or less buying it. It needs the timing belt doing as there is no indication of it being changed in the service book. Also the rear bumper has dropped about 5mm after someonr bumped into it in a car park. One question i have to ask is , i have a two year old son who uses a car seat , is there enough head height in the back to accomodate ??.

Comment

Hi again guys. Had a test drive of the S2 at lunch time and i'm more or less buying it. It needs the timing belt doing as there is no indication of it being changed in the service book. Also the rear bumper has dropped about 5mm after someonr bumped into it in a car park. One question i have to ask is , i have a two year old son who uses a car seat , is there enough head height in the back to accomodate ??.
                      The timing belt should be done at 80k anyway, so at 76k its doubtful its been done.

Comment

Working...
                      X