Forged Pistons S2 Rs2 S4 S6 2.2 20vt!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 5cylinderman View Post
    That "honing tool" would be quite effective to help clean the bowl of my porcelain bus after a good night out on Guinness topped off with a kebab or two.
    I would not use it on an engine whatsoever. Notwithstanding the grit size of regular honing stones, even the angle of crosshatching within the bores has a critical effect on ring bedding and life.
    You can get perfect cross hatching with a flex hone, if you take your block to
    a engine shop and it is not bored out to the next size but just honed to re ring it
    they will most likely just use a flex hone, with skill by hand, or on a honing rig
    and the cross hatching will be as it needs to be I can assure you.
    If you don't believe me why don't you ask a professional engine builder,
    I'm sure jp on here can confirm what I am saying.

Don't get me wrong, give it to a novice who has no training or knowledge of it's use and the results will most likely not be very good, but then if you left the same novice with a sunnen hone for a few hours not having a clue the results would likely be even worse.

Comment

A question about rings.The first ring(top of piston) is the black/grey one or the gold/brown one?I saw that both are 2mm and after edge profile i can not say because i have seen lots of tipes and it is irelevant.

Thank you

Feedback for the rings:no gapping needed they were in the tolerances.But the sharp edges on the gapp ends needed adjusted.Some of them had one edge prepaired(not sharp) some did not..

Comment

Any info?

Comment

Originally posted by FCP-ENGINEERING View Post
          Hi,
          Honing diameter 81,5mm (piston diameter is 81,43mm).
          When companys sell you pistons marked as 81.5mm to me that should be the size of the piston? Not what they recommend your rebore should be, how do they know what tolerances you want to work to? Or am i totally wrong? Do most manufactures sell this way?

If i had these pistons without knowing i would probably get my rebore to 81.55mm or something and then cry!

Comment

All pistons are sold marked bore size, and in documentation is written minimum gap.
            Some pistons min gap is 0.07mm, some 0.08mm or some 0.1mm. Some times gap can be bigger belongs on use condisons (big boost, nitro, street car).

"If i had these pistons without knowing i would probably get my rebore to 81.55mm or something and then cry!"

At first you must have pistons, when check documentation and when rebore your cylinder.

Originally posted by campbellWS View Post
            When companys sell you pistons marked as 81.5mm to me that should be the size of the piston? Not what they recommend your rebore should be, how do they know what tolerances you want to work to? Or am i totally wrong? Do most manufactures sell this way?

If i had these pistons without knowing i would probably get my rebore to 81.55mm or something and then cry!
            Audi S4 2.6 20V STROKER kkk26/27

Comment

First goes Gold/brown, second black.

[QUOTE=pasbogdan;649030]A question about rings.The first ring(top of piston) is the black/grey one or the gold/brown one?I saw that both are 2mm and after edge profile i can not say because i have seen lots of tipes and it is irelevant.

Comment

Ok many thanks!

Comment

Now STROKER pistons in stock, CR 8:1, CH 28mm, Pin 22mm (heavy duty H13 steel).
                  Can be used in diesel block with 159mm rods or standart block with diesel crank and 144mm rods.

Comment

Bore size 82mm photos coming soon.

Comment

Now we are oficial WOSSNER PISTON distributor, so if you need any pistons from wossner contact us for good price

Comment

Originally posted by FCP-ENGINEERING View Post
                        Now STROKER pistons in stock, CR 8:1, CH 28mm, Pin 22mm (heavy duty H13 steel).
                        Can be used in diesel block with 159mm rods or standart block with diesel crank and 144mm rods.
                        Any possible next group buy of 81,5 or 82mm pistons for stroker (159mm rods + 95,5mm crank) ?
                        Thanks

Audi Coupe Quattro 2.3 20V

Comment

Working...
                        X