Porsche Big Reds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Porsche Big Reds

Thought I'd start a new post to try and shift my brakes.

I'm selling my Porsche Big Red calipers. They come complete with brackets to fit to an S2 Avant (possibly RS2 & Coupe?), braided hoses and well worn pads and a nice coating of brake dust. I gave them a quick clean, but they're by no means spotless.

I have sold my disks, so I just need to move these on. Here's a pic....

I'm looking for £650 ono.
    ex '93 Avant owner

What size disc do they run?
    Ex S2 owner, now running around in an A4 Avant quattro...

Comment

I had 322mm disks, but they're sold.
      ex '93 Avant owner

Comment

Didn't think they'd last long on here!
        Ex S2 owner, now running around in an A4 Avant quattro...

Comment

These are now on eBay
          ex '93 Avant owner

Comment

What did these sell for in the end??
            Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
            2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

Originally posted by S2 Ant
              What did these sell for in the end??
              They didn't

I'm either asking too much or its too near Christmas for people to be shelling out large sums on brake upgrades.

I'll relist them in the new year once things are back to normal.
              ex '93 Avant owner

Comment

Originally posted by Sidspud
                They didn't

I'm either asking too much or its too near Christmas for people to be shelling out large sums on brake upgrades.

I'll relist them in the new year once things are back to normal.
                Sorry Sidspud, but VAGparts are asking £500 +vat for a pair of brand new Big Reds. I know you're trying to recoup what you paid for the kit but I'd have thought £350-£400 for second hand gear in good condition.

Graeme.
                94 UrS4 Avant, slowly modding as we go. Now gone replaced with:
                2001 S6 Avant, V8 works for me!

Comment

Originally posted by JPL
                  Sorry Sidspud, but VAGparts are asking £500 +vat for a pair of brand new Big Reds. I know you're trying to recoup what you paid for the kit but I'd have thought £350-£400 for second hand gear in good condition.

Graeme.

Graeme - Thanks for the info. I was begining to think that they were too expensive. I'll readvertise them on eBay in the new year at a reduced cost. Does the VAGParts kit come with brackets and hoses?
                  ex '93 Avant owner

Comment

Lil off topic, but would the porsche discs that go with the big reds fit an RS2?
                    Ant

2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

The disks I had wouldn't because they were the wrong PCD, but if that were corrected then I don't see why not.
                      ex '93 Avant owner

Comment

i maybe getting some calipers from a GT3 with discs and pads, as the PCD would be wrong for an S2 they are no use to me, but wondered if they would fit an RS2, i think they are 332mm.
                        Ant

2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

No Sidspud, brackets and hoses are not included. I think around £80 for brackets and about £15 for each of the hoses.

Graeme.
                          94 UrS4 Avant, slowly modding as we go. Now gone replaced with:
                          2001 S6 Avant, V8 works for me!

Comment

Originally posted by S2 Ant
                            Lil off topic, but would the porsche discs that go with the big reds fit an RS2?
                            The disc from the 993 tt fits, but have a different offset (72mm instead of 77mm). You have to make new adapters that move the calipper 5mm outwards(towards wheel). Another option is the 911 Turbo C2 3.6 disc. They have the right offset(77mm) and size (322mm)

I'm using 993tt discs with org "small" red RS2 calipper and custom adapters on my -89 CQ. Works great

Cheers,
                            Roger

Comment

Working...
                            X