RS2 propshaft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RS2 propshaft

At last the noise is no more and I have a new propshaft in situ.
    Now if anyone wants a used RS2 propshaft with a dry central bearing (making the noise) let me know. From previous threads you can replace the bearings with BMW ones and have a servicable unit.
    I did not have the time or facilities.

Let me know if you are interested before it gets binned. Oh and I still have an excellent condition cat back RS2 OEM exhaust without a good home.
    Alastair
    RS2

If you are going to bin it, I will take it off your hands
    S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

I might even pay a bit.
      -

Comment

Don't throw it away Alastair. I've got a weird driveline noise on mine which may or may not be prop related. Hopefully I'll be getting the MRC guys to look at it when they open up for business.
        Now RS2'less

'99 VW Passat VR5 Sport

Comment

Originally posted by Pete_RS2
          Don't throw it away Alastair. I've got a weird driveline noise on mine which may or may not be prop related. Hopefully I'll be getting the MRC guys to look at it when they open up for business.

No plans to bin it. Would like to sell it to help the RS2 fighting fund. As far as propshaft noises go I am now an 'expert'.
          Try revving to about 4-5kpm and feathering the trottle (stationary in neutral). This seems to induce the noise in mine. Caused by dry central bearing.
          The definative answer came when on ramp doing same with large screwdriver handle which when pushed against rear CV area stopped all noise.
          I have to say the car makes far less drivetrain noise ++ on tight standing start turns at junctions etc.
          Alastair
          RS2

Comment

Right then, RS2 propshaft is the same as S2 Avant 8A0 521 101J
            ABY coupe uses different propshaft 8A0 521 101 H
            3B coupe uses different propshaft aswell. 893 blah blah blah
            sigpic
            Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
            Audi UR Quattro
            Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
            Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
            Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm