RS2 caliper to bracket bolts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RS2 caliper to bracket bolts

I've got 8 of these for sale brand new,never been used and still in original dealer packaging. Myself and my brother are upgrading to porsche 996 monoblocks and these are needed to afix the caliper to either the RS2 bracket or the Seat one.
    We had two sets of brackets made, indentical seat copies (modified) but the engineering firm put a 1.75 pitch thread in our brackets, the RS2 bolts are 1.5 pitch thread and we've had to sort some others to use ("Thanks to Graham T" ) Matbe worthwhile anyone getting brackets made to note this down
    The bolts are high tensile steel, 70mm long allen headed, the bolts used in the RS2 (big brake upgrade) setup and are OEM.
    We paid £2.20 each (inc Vat) for these from the stealers,,,,,vagparts are cheaper, but we needed them next day hence the visit to the stealers.

Bolt part number is "N 100 650 02"

Don't forget,,,,,,if doing an upgrade to porsche/Brembo calipers,,,,you will also need the "bracket to hub" bolts. Part number " N 100 880 03"

£12 FOR ALL 8 (two cars worth)
    £6 FOR 4

Pm me if interested,,,,,I will ship oversea's. (our USA guys need all the help they can get )

Jas
    Last edited by Jas11n; 17 April 2005, 12:31.
    2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.
    2004 A4 Avant 1.8T quattro Sport-LE.
    1995 S2 Coupe - sold (sniff)

Jas,

Are those part numbers the right way round?

My notes from a quote from VAGparts are that the '03' bolts are for carrier to caliper and that the '02' bolts are carrier to hub. Maybe a typo somewhere...

PS - What part number and price on those Seat carriers - are they suitable for a 996 upgrade on the S2 ?

I'm just about ready to order carriers, bolts and A8 discs for mine.....

Paul
    Paul Nugent
    Webmaster http://S2central.net
    Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
    2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
    2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Thats what it says on the packets Paul
      Also the family album says the same, caliper to carrier is "02" and the carrier to hub is "03" also my reciept comfirms that the "02" (M12 x 1.5 x 70mm) bolts are more expensive than the "03" (M12 x 1.5 x 25mm)
      Glad you averted my eyes back to my post though,,,as I had made a mistake with the thread pitch,,,,,edited accordingly, should be the other way round.

Jas
      2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.

Comment

Originally posted by S2central.net
        Jas,

PS - What part number and price on those Seat carriers - are they suitable for a 996 upgrade on the S2 ?

I'm just about ready to order carriers, bolts and A8 discs for mine.....

Paul

Seat carrier's are 6KL 615 421. They do fit,,,,but "will" need modifiying to get the 996 correctly lined up both radially and axially (spelling?? )

Jas
        2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.

Comment

OK - mustabeen a typo by Martyn or me then on the bolt part nums... and cheers for confirming the Seat carriers aren't bolt on.

What discs are you going to use - 314x30 or 323x30 - running stock 16" Avus right ?

Paul
          Paul Nugent

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Originally posted by S2central.net
            What discs are you going to use - 314x30 or 323x30 - running stock 16" Avus right ?

Paul
            We've bought the 314 x 30mm Zimmerman A8 discs from GSF.
            The Seat carriers are much more well built than the RS2 items, and with using these as a template we've had copies made in EN8 tooled steel (the stuff that whirs around in your gearbox) I just don't like the idea of using alloy and putting in steel inserts, plenty of people have don't this and have been fine,,,but I like piece of mind,,,thats all.
            Also, with using custom brackets, we are going to be able to use the disc at full size, behind the stock 16" Avus,,,,so that the disc can be replaced without having to machine down again.

We are looking into the possibility of making these available to buy,,,,and will be sold (If we can get price right and have enough interest) through Graham and Marks site www.s246parts.com as they have done all the ground work here and deserve all the credit
            2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.

Comment

If you order bolts they need to be 10.9 grade or higher (12.9 being best before Titanium). Some companies use 8.8 grade which in my opinion is too soft, on the cylinders we overhaul at work we have been barred using them as one lot streatched 1/4" leaving a cylinder gland play to slop about nearly snapping completely, and with 250 bar behind them, its not the sort of thing you want to happen. Brakes have to deal with really high stresses, and imagine what would happen if they sheared on a +100 mph emergency stop. Buy the best they are cheap as chips. HERE is where i get mine, they do just about every fastener available.
              Graham
              Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.--:Albert Einstein

Comment

HUH - all the posts I've read say the 314x30 and 323x30 discs bolt right up with the RS2 carriers and 996 calipers with no machining or shims required... and that combo fits *just* inside the 16" Avus rim.

Seemingly there's a chance of some rubbing on pad retaining clips with the 323 discs but that bending the clips a tad fixes that. Would imagine that spinning the 323 disc down a mm or two would improve the clearance for that and give room for heat expansion.

Paul
                Paul Nugent

Comment

I have only ever used the OE Porsche bolts to fix the calipers to the brackets, if it's good enough for Porsche then it's good enough for me.
                  Very valid point about using the correct bolts.
                  As also is using the correct grade of material for the brackets. Aluminium is fine if you use the correct grade. Inserts are only applicable if you are constantly removing the calipers from the brackets, you don't want the threads to gaul. I certainly wouldn't reccomend the type of insert that is used in thread repairs (helicoil) but would use something like a "Timesert"
                  More important is achieving the correct torque figures when assembling it all, tightening it all up with superhuman strength will only end in disaster if you stress the bolts.
                  Not really the right place for this but I think it is applicable.
                  Corey
                  01636 822288

Comment

Sold
                    2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.

Comment

Anyone got any M12x1.5 50mm long capheads spare? i need 4. I know Lee had a box of them but i cant get in touch with him.

Comment

Are these bolts one use only. Just got the car back from a service. The calipers were removed to facilitate new pads & backplates. I now have a fine vibration on light braking at speed. Not wheel balance as they were done after the service. No severe vibration on heavy braking. Just wondered if the calipers were loose. Any informed views welcome
                        Alastair
                        RS2

Comment

The RS2 factory manual just specifies the torque of the hex bolts at 85Nm, it doesn't state that they should be replaced.

Comment

thread resurrection i know but is it acceptable to use stainless steel bolts for mounting caliper carriers to the hub and the calipers to the carrier? i tried 1 in but my rs2 hubs are a bit rusty and its a nightmare trying to wind the bolts right in, gonna get a lend of a tap to see if i can clean the threads up

Comment

I wouldn't use stainless bolts on any brake or suspension application as they are not as strong as high tensile steel bolts.
                              sigpic
                              1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
                              1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
                              1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

Working...
                              X