Fitting Aby engine + 6spd Box in a 3B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fitting Aby engine + 6spd Box in a 3B

Finally i got a new engine for my car. Mine is fine actually but i can now take my time and carefully rebuilt the new one. Its a ABY wit its 6 speed box. I`ve also got the ABY subframe for the gearbox. I got the wirings for the engine.

What do i have to do before fitting the ABY into a 3B coupe? I guess the ECU won`t do, so i have to get a ABY ecu. But what else do i have to take care of before fitting the engine in?

Any help would be apriciated, because i`m first going to rebuilt the engine and will start with that next week or so. So i hope i can post some pictures lateron.

Here`s a pic from the engine in Scotland when we were taking it out last tuesday.

Cheers

Cees
    Last edited by Dutch_RsBlueS2; 11 December 2003, 23:21.

There's a couple issuses:

One issuse is what type of heating/AC you have?
    Electric which style? or manual

You will have to completely remove the 3b engine harness and install the aby harness.

Depending on the type of heating/ac you have you might have to either splice a couple wires or make a custom harness

You will have to:
    Remove the dash
    Remove the heater core
    Possibly you will have to undo the AC if you have it, most likely you will thought.

It makes sense to remove the driver seat if you do all this. It will make moving around easier.

um...

Little stuff, like figuring out the intercooler hoses.

The 3b lower intercooler hose with the by pass vavle is in a different spot than on the aby.

IT will be wise to install new engine mounts
    etc.

This is a good start of things to think about.

Cheers
    Josh
    I chose not to choose life: I chose something else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who need reasons when you've got quattro?

Comment

Thnx Josh,

Well do have AC so thats i good one.

About the intercooler i`m hoping to find another one in the next few months witch must be a s1 one or a custum one. So thats figured out when i`ve got all that stuff.

I guess i`ll take my car out of insurance and taxes when i`m starting to rip it appart and then i will take my time to finish this project. Dont wanna rush things.

Cheers Cees

Comment

Here some more piccies, bit regular but feel like posting

Cheers Cees

Comment

that's a non-ac motor.

You can tell because the oil pan extention does not have the return feed attached. Instead the oil return goes directly into the block where ac compressor will need to placed.

Basically swapping parts from the 3b will solve this problem.

Cheers
          jOsh
          I chose not to choose life: I chose something else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who need reasons when you've got quattro?

Comment

Thnx, learned another thing

Comment

Cees,

Did that S2 in Scotland have the carbon trim? If so, have you got a contact number?

Doug
              S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

Nope, it was totally ripped appart, the whole interior was gone.

Cheers Cees

Comment

Working...
                X