the best intentions are fraught with disappointment - gil grissom

sigpic
      1994 ABY Avant - it's getting there

Comment

Jesus H, i've just come across this post and wow

How about an updated list? hehe

Comment

Originally posted by s2avant
          The ones I have (4B0 949 127 - £3.58 + VAT) just need a little bit cutting and they fit in the original big hole and cover the small one.
          Ben
          Hi Ben,
          Just a quick question about these repeaters from this resurrected post, I seem to remember from a previous post you fitted some after market side repeaters instead of these items.

What requires cutting the wing or the marker? I'm guessing the wing needs some prep and you settled for the convenience of a plug and play accessory instead.

Just curious about this as the newer style would be a worthy successor to the standard amber lenses.

Thanks.

Comment

My god, this post is from way back in my early days of S2 tinkering. Rest assured the list is a lot longer but most of it has been my over the top way of replacing worn out components.

Nuvo,

I looked into it quite a bit. In the end I found it could be made to work by triming a tiny bit away from the edges of the new style repeater. Try as I might I couldn't get it quite right and it always ended up lose. So I went with the old adage, If at first you don't succeed, try and try again. Then give and go and by some of the shelf ones.

When I get round to having new wings fitted I'll be ditching the side repaeters completely. Not decided how I'll get round that from a legal stand point but I managed it on my previous two cars so fingers crossed.

Ben

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by s2avant
              My god, this post is from way back in my early days of S2 tinkering. Rest assured the list is a lot longer but most of it has been my over the top way of replacing worn out components.
              Ben
              >I must admit to being just a shade jealous of your perhaps over zealous restoration program! I want a job just like yours

Ben
              Nuvo,

I looked into it quite a bit. In the end I found it could be made to work by triming a tiny bit away from the edges of the new style repeater. Try as I might I couldn't get it quite right and it always ended up lose. So I went with the old adage, If at first you don't succeed, try and try again. Then give and go and by some of the shelf ones.
              Ben
              >Very interesting Ben, I think I'll buy a set in that case and have a go myself,
              who knows I might just get the result I'm looking for. Will Il need to change the bulbs and holders too? Doubtless, I'll then follow your lead and go for the aftermarket solution <sigh>

Ben
              When I get round to having new wings fitted I'll be ditching the side repaeters completely. Not decided how I'll get round that from a legal stand point but I managed it on my previous two cars so fingers crossed.
              Ben
              >Good luck with going down that route. Do you even need to replace the panels, or are you just steadily replacing every single component on your car because you can?

Cheers,
              Robert.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuvo
                >I must admit to being just a shade jealous of your perhaps over zealous restoration program! I want a job just like yours

Do you even need to replace the panels, or are you just steadily replacing every single component on your car because you can?
                Some days I'd be happy to give my job up. Especially on days like the 13 hour one I've had today. When four out of my nine drivers didn't turn up and yet another van got damaged (£600 for new sign writing this morning and then they drive it into a wall). That's on top of the T5 that needs £4000 worth of work to fix after a nice chap drove into it and the LT that entered a long jump contest after driving over a shiny new BMW. I didn't know you could barrel roll a high top LT van.

On top of that I find out my bonus is related to the performance of a deparment 20 miles away from where I'm based, whose manager couldn't organise a p!$$ up in a brewery. Rant over!!

I have to admit it though the job does have it's perks

As for the wings the offside has a small dent in it and the paint on both is awful so I'll just have to fit a pair. Just need to call in few favours to get the new wings sprayed for next to nothing.

Ben

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X