Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone know about carbon fibre?

as some of you know im doing a rad in the boot conversion,

to do this sucsessfully i need to create an enclosure infront of the radiator where air will be fed from the floor to,

i am currently making a mold for this which i was going to use to make a fibre glass one but looking at the cost of materials etc i could make a carbon fibre one for not much more, anyone care to feed me some info/advice/recomendations on the best way to do this?

cheers
    will

As you will do only one part don't need a mold.
    Just do the shape styro or EPS foam(very cheap) then laminate carbon with epoxy resin on it, then remove most of styro then meld the last of the styro with acetone or petrol then sand finish nicely.

if you need to glue styro piece together use 2 composante P.U foam

If you need Carbon buy it quick as it just took about 20% increase and should take an other 30% in the year as the demand is much bigger than what they can produce.

I have 200 meter of Carbon 200g in my workshop that i don't use right now and can sell what you need for half the market price.
    RS2 chip by mihnea,PKM short IM, forge dump valve, 3" custom stainless exhaust, 18"X8" Porsche 996 rims, conti contact 245/35 Front 225/40 Rear, QR sport top mount, Powerflex bushes, aloy sub frame bushes, neuspeed 19mm RARB,Hard tranny mount, V8 torsen on RS2

Comment

my mold is made from expanded PU foam

you have a pm regarding the roll

cheers
      will

Comment

Working...
      X