Full Rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full Rebuild

Well it's time, i finally got around to stripping down my bust engine to see the damage.
    The worst was confirmed, the pin on the crank pulleyl had snapped, and yes the bottom end continued to turn into the top end.
    The bad news: Most of the valves are bent, the pistons are f**ked.
    So time to make a list of parts,
    1)i need all new valves but i want oversized ones, which are the best to use? and should i replace all the tappets, guides etc whilst i'm there?
    2)Also i want to make the enigne a non-interferance, it it possible to do this using standard block and head? and by using shorter rods? Those are pretty much the only questions i got everything else is just money and time, i'm having the flowed and the valve seats re done.
    as for the bottom end, new bearings and new crank pulley with pin, i'm worried that this might break again is there any solution to taking the risk away?
    then with new pistons and rods get it all balanced, going to go for a gt30R as well with a front intake IM and large intercooler etc etc.

So from disaster comes opportunity! though i doubt my bank manager wants to know about this!
    Hope some one can help i want to order the valves and that soon as the machine shop is waiting for me to take the head down there.
    Thanks Michael

non-interference engine
    Kingdoms are run by Kings, Dictatorships are run by Dictators.
    England must be a Country. :mischeif:

Comment

Cheers!
      I was hoping to increase the capacity and still used std crank and block. Though i may not bother as the costs are going to add up, but if i got it out i'm thinking might aswell. Dam i just cant seem to make the decision.

Comment

Ive got everything apart but i want to remove the valves how do i get them out? The inlet valves have colided witht the combustion chamber bent as graham norton! need them out to see if the head is repearable, or if it's a new head! i hope not!
        Last edited by Greenm3; 13 April 2006, 17:40. Reason: Spelling !

Comment

Working...
        X