Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second car project starts!!!!!

Hi Guys.

Just got back and now have a C reg coupe quattro sat on the drive. It has a few probs which I will list for you so you can see how the odds are stacked against me to begin with on this one and then I will keep you posted as things progress (slowly for the first 5 weeks as I am away with work

Right here we go:-

Drivers door won't open when shut (possibly the mech inside the door)
    Both front arches have rotten to death (wings will be in the skip tomorow)
    Oil tuned solid in the engine
    Rear end shunt on the tow bar has bent the floor pan in the boot!!!
    Exhaust toatlly rotted.
    Small areas of under seal has been scrapped off (will be checking for damage - rust tomorow)
    Car is covered and filled with spiders webs and pine needles.
    All the seals seem naffed but will need a closer inspection.
    Small patch off rust at the bottom of the passengers A pillar.

Other than that and the fact is is a non runner that has been still for 5yrs it seems okay.

Alot of work for the future as I want to get the boot sorted and the whole thing stripped before anything else happens so I will be getting the hoover and jetwash out tomorow to give it a good clean inside and out before starting anything so I have a half decent mess to work in

I will post a few pics tomorow when I have moved it off the drive to where it will be living for a while.

Cheers

Aaron
    Dark Grey Avant
    RS2 FARB
    Powerflex Front wishbone bushes
    Alloy Subframe Bushes

Have to say you do take on some big project Aaron. Good luck with it and i hope it turnes out just how you want it!

Cheers.
    Bo
    91 S2 coupé - RIP
    98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

What are you going to do with it?
      The Perfectionist
      sigpic
      Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Good luck Aaron ! Sounds like you're gonna need some !
        Midnight Blue S2 - SOLD - 1993 S2 Avant

Comment

Sheesh!!!

Wouldnt something like this have been easier ???

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/WWW...xact=1&photo=1

(bottom of page...white 1986 coupe quattro...good condition Ă‚ÂŁ995 )
          Attached Files

Comment

Why spend Ă‚ÂŁ1K when you can spend a tenth and replace the knackered parts really easy. The wings are being replaced with S1/shorty wings (I still havent made up my mind which yet) as are the sills and rear wings. The rear end will have to be hammered out to square again(not to difficult) and sealed. A 2nd hand rear bumper will cost peanuts from the bay. THe lights are going and being replaced as is the front grill, seats everything. So now you can see why I spent little on the car. No point in parting with alot of money when you will be getting rid of most of it anyway.

The skip arrives in the morning so I will def be making a start in stripping it out.

If I find any parts of use I will post them in a seperate post to see if anyone want it.

Cheers

Aaron
            Dark Grey Avant
            RS2 FARB
            Alloy Subframe Bushes

Comment

Aaron, you any ideas what engine managment your gonna to be using ?
              good luck with the strip down tomorrow bet you'll find some money
              under the seats
              sigpic

Comment

nulled
                Last edited by s2dude; 24 April 2006, 07:58. Reason: a

Comment

Looks an interesting project.

Godspeed to you

Comment

@Jon441 - Maybe but not the amount that I need.

Unless they were bank robbers and have hid it in the car and forgoten about it????

Just about to get my head under there now.

Here we go!!!!!!!!!

First stage - clear the thing out of all the pine needles etc, the hoover is going to take a battering!!!!!!

Will get some photos before I start to show you what a state it is in!!!!

Fingers crossed nothing sinister (other than a really big spider (that will get the vaccum treatment)) pops up!
                    Dark Grey Avant
                    RS2 FARB
                    Alloy Subframe Bushes

Comment

Good news is I have found a passengers door that is rust free for a good price!!!!!

Next bit of good news is I have also found a place that is breaking a UR quattro where I should be able to get my sills from. The bad news is he said that the sills are welded on the UR not plastic screw on bits like on the GT. I personally don't know about this. Can anyone confirm this for me????

Also he says that they usualy just dispose of the shell so if I offer him about Ă‚ÂŁ50 for it hopefully he will take it that will solve the rust problem on the A pillar etc, also means that I can get it chopped and then start to swap stuff over to rebuild it on the decent shell. Sound like a plan or not boys. What do you think????
                      Dark Grey Avant
                      RS2 FARB
                      Alloy Subframe Bushes

Comment

May hve found a UR shell to replace the one I have. Just got to haggle on the price!!!! Would hopefully solve a few off the problems with the shell I have.

Cheers guys
                        Dark Grey Avant
                        RS2 FARB
                        Alloy Subframe Bushes

Comment

Something strange is going on the new parts of the thead are being inserted half way through and stuff I typed yesterday says it written today???
                          Dark Grey Avant
                          RS2 FARB
                          Alloy Subframe Bushes

Comment

Odd, isn't it?............Posting stuff for yesterday...

You'll probably find a benefit later with the Ur shell, such as hubs, subframe mounts and other bit's and bob's (like battery location etc). So if you can get one Aaron, you'll probably not regret it.

But looking at that KV engine in the CQ, if you can get fuel in it, I bet that'll probably start in 10 seconds...

Good luck

Ian
                            85 WR Urquattro, 85 20vT International liveried RallyRep
                            93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

Next bit of good news is I have also found a place that is breaking a UR quattro where I should be able to get my sills from. The bad news is he said that the sills are welded on the UR not plastic screw on bits like on the GT. I personally don't know about this. Can anyone confirm this for me????
                              That's correct, it's part of the main structure of the car.
                              85 WR Urquattro, 85 20vT International liveried RallyRep
                              93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

Working...
                              X