No announcement yet.

Talk about stripped clean!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe his measurements include the tyre?
    ex '93 Avant owner

Comment

Will post new pics as soon as I can get time off to go to Park Royal. Martyn, need a 'few' lessons in photo editing!

Siena

Comment

by any chance
        is this the Famous RS4 Coupe i have been hearing about?
        Are you using an S2 mouth or Rs4 mouth?
        Issam N. Abed
        iABED Industries
        iABED Email | Facebook
        The build thread

Comment

If you are referring to the bonnet / headlamps, I am using A4 type 8D bonnet and RS4 grille, with A4 type 8D Xenon headlamps. I am not using the RS4 bumper, due to cost. Am using 1999 Subaru Imprezza STi / P1 front bumper with foglamps.

From your signature, I'll say you have been busy too. Is your motor the 1.8T bored / stroked to 2.0L, or a turbocharged 2.0 16V (ACE)?

Siena
          Last edited by Vagsport; 30 January 2004, 17:51.

Comment

Originally posted by Vagsport
            If you are referring to the bonnet / headlamps, I am using A4 type 8D bonnet and RS4 grille, with A4 type 8D Xenon headlamps. I am not using the RS4 bumper, due to cost. Am using 1999 Subaru Imprezza STi / P1 front bumper with foglamps.

From your signature, I'll say you have been busy too. Is your motor the 1.8T bored / stroked to 2.0L, or a turbocharged 2.0 16V (ACE)?

Siena
            NO NO GUY!...stick with the S2 mouth.
            Ive seen an A4 mouth on a Coupe,it doesnt look good.
            well we will have to see right?

haha...busy?
            Maybe...
            no i have a 2.0 8valve,but whats inside is what counts right?
            Issam N. Abed
            iABED Industries
            iABED Email | Facebook
            The build thread

Comment

If you are turbocharging the 8V, the Digifant will have to go, at least the Audi 80 Digifant. I have tried it on a Golf Mk2 which I turbocharged, the air flow meter was not compatible with forced induction, the flap pulsed with the air being drawn through it by the turbo, it would not rev beyond 4,500 RPM. You may be lucky, though. You're best using a system that employs a MAF, or use Digifant 1, which was used on the Golf G60.

Siena

Comment

I was going to use the Corrado G60 ecu and harness but then said what the hell.I am going to be running 20+ pounds so i might as well do it the right way and finish.
                034EFI i think will take of that problem for me.
                Issam N. Abed
                iABED Industries
                iABED Email | Facebook
                The build thread

Comment

Like Dracula....the post comes back from the dead
                  Issam N. Abed
                  iABED Industries
                  iABED Email | Facebook
                  The build thread

Comment

How far have you gone?

Siena

Comment

How far have you gone?

Siena
                      with my project....still in the collecting of parts and fabrication.It all comes together end of august.
                      with your project...not very
                      Issam N. Abed
                      iABED Industries
                      iABED Email | Facebook
                      The build thread

Comment

I don't mean to hijack the thread here, but I'm in the US and I'm planning a 2.7tt swap into my 90 as well. I have put a deposit on my engine and will take delivery of it within one month. I need to source a matching tranny to support the K04 turbos I will put on it.
                        Vagsport, what other obstacles to you expect to run into? My 90 currently has the 12v V6 that went to the B5 Audi, so I expect the engine mounting to be fairly straight forward. Custom headers to clear the frame, and custom piping, IC, and exhaust are expected.
                        How do you plan to fuel the engine? Stock ECU or homefried EFI? I'm planning to go with a custom one, thus eliminating the MAF and making some nice and pretty custom intake pipes with cones down in the bumper.
                        Let me know what you think!
                        Joe "NoNonsense"
                        axis motorsport
                        joe@axismotorsport.com

"At the end of the game, the king and the pawn go back in the same box."

Comment

I had the exhaust manifolds completely remade to clear the steering column. You'll need to use the 12V engine mounts. I am using modified RS4 ECU.

Siena

Comment

I had the exhaust manifolds completely remade to clear the steering column. You'll need to use the 12V engine mounts. I am using modified RS4 ECU.

Siena
                            What gauge cluster are you using? RS4 or coupes? I didn't think the RS4 fueling would work without the cluster of an RS4. And please let me know about the fuel pump...are you using an RS4 pump?
                            Cheers!
                            Joe "NoNonsense"
                            axis motorsport
                            joe@axismotorsport.com

Comment

Originally posted by NoNonsense
                              What gauge cluster are you using? RS4 or coupes? I didn't think the RS4 fueling would work without the cluster of an RS4. And please let me know about the fuel pump...are you using an RS4 pump?
                              Cheers!

NoNonsense did you pose this problem on the motorgeek forums?
                              if not,Billzcat1 is the guy for rS4 6Speed gearboxes.
                              As for fueling,why dont you got standalone one time like all of us
                              Issam N. Abed
                              iABED Industries
                              iABED Email | Facebook
                              The build thread

Comment

Originally posted by Wizard-of-OD
                                NoNonsense did you pose this problem on the motorgeek forums?
                                if not,Billzcat1 is the guy for rS4 6Speed gearboxes.
                                As for fueling,why dont you got standalone one time like all of us
                                Oh I am definitely planning a stand alone (EFI0431) but I was just curious, and how Vagsport was going to get the RS4 ECU to work with his application.
                                Also I don't necessarily need an RS4 gearbox because it would cost a lot to import it...but I've chatted with Richard (Billzcat) already. I could simply take an S4 tranny and change the last gear....it might be an easier alternative.
                                Joe "NoNonsense"
                                axis motorsport
                                joe@axismotorsport.com

Comment

Working...
                                X