20v conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 20v conversion

Im looking into putting an aby 20vt lump into a mk1 coupe quattro, anyone got any info on whether this has been attempted this before.
    sigpic

Originally posted by Jon441cc
    Im looking into putting an aby 20vt lump into a mk1 coupe quattro, anyone got any info on whether this has been attempted this before.
    Yes . Many ppl have done that. Even famous Mihnea .

Myself also included. Search for my posts, keyword urquattro.de

Sau
    200 20vt 88' 3b, human carrier
    CQ typ85 with AAN inside, see project blog at http://kwlw.blogspot.com

Comment

Any idea on what model gearbox the mk1 quattro uses? and whether running gear is same as UR ? sorry for all the questions, just that i might be able to pick a nice one up on friday for a good price.
      sigpic

Comment

Hi,
        I'm not running a coupe but an '85 90q saloon.
        The running gear is not the same as ur. Any hike in performance will require a brake (including larger wheels to accomodate) and suspension upgrade, but all other running gear will cope admirably.
        The ur uses an 016 g/b. which is same as coupe except that the ratios are different and it also uses a 3.89 diff oppsed to 4.11.
        Hope this helps.
        Cheers
        Chris
        Last edited by jogi730; 5 September 2006, 22:30.
        Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
        20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

Cheers Chris
          sigpic

Comment

I need to find out the cheapest way to convert a Mk1 coupe quattro to 5 stud/112pcd if anyone can help, the reason being i see no point in using a UR as a base car as none of the original panels would be used for my A1 project anyway, :mischeif:
            Last edited by Jon441cc; 16 September 2006, 19:23.
            sigpic

Comment

but you can still use the drivetrain and suspension though
              Corey
              01636 822288

Comment

Would it be easier to use Coupe s2 suspension componants as i have a pair of front struts in good condition already ?
                sigpic

Comment

If you have the S2 struts, I would go with them. They have the added bonus of the links for FARB which allows you many options.
                  I considered this myself before had coil overs, but as already had my brake conversion decided against it as would have had to change everything again.
                  Cheers
                  Chris
                  Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
                  20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

Thanks chris, thats decided then.
                    Its amazing what you find when you rumage around in the garage, just found a pair of 323mm a8 discs
                    Last edited by Jon441cc; 17 September 2006, 15:13.
                    sigpic

Comment

Being that i am going match up an aby motor to UR 016 gearbox now with 3B clutch and flywheel assembly would anyone be able to tell me the part number on the needle bearing i will need for the crankshaft?
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X