To buy or not to buy.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To buy or not to buy.....

I've been offered an Audi 90 20v Quattro for €150, it's been sat for about a year, it had the engine replaced but there is a sensor (looks like water temp sensor) that would normally have gone into a thread in the head but the new engine has no thread for it. It started first time but once the engine reached temperature there is no power, almost like a limp home mode. It's by no means a minter, that said, it's fairly straight. has a full set of Bilsteins in the boot, 2 sets of wheels and a steering wheel that, despite its poor condition, might be worth more than the car. Oh, and it makes the most awful crunch from 1st to 2nd, presumably the syncro. The brakes need stripping at the back (hand brake is partially seized), But it could be a decent run around. Is it worth it?

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 4 photos.

The cams are worth more than €150
    1994 Cabriolet - 5 speed
    1995 90
    2011 A4 Avant
    1990 CQ - V8 (sold)

Comment

that is super cheap. In parts it's worth a lot more and even at a few 100 euro's more you can sell it within the week here.
      1967 fiat 500 future project
      1976 audi 100 coupe S
      1989 vw corrado 16V
      1989 audi 90 quattro 20V sport
      1994 audi RS2 project
      1994 audi RS2 parts car
      1995 audi RS2 project

Comment

What is it that is special about the cams?

Comment

People want them for some more power in the upper revs in a 20VT I believe. Also steering wheel is at least €150 in reasonable condition.

Comment

Car running bad warmed up is because fuel injection is wrong if the coolant sensor is not registering engine temp. Car can be fixed fairly cheap probably. I do enjoy mine.
            1967 fiat 500 future project
            1976 audi 100 coupe S
            1989 vw corrado 16V
            1989 audi 90 quattro 20V sport
            1994 audi RS2 project
            1994 audi RS2 parts car
            1995 audi RS2 project

Comment

Bargain, get it bought
              Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
              Indigo ABY coupé
              Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Very rare car. Not a big market for them but should be good fun when all running.
                Cheers'en, AndyC
                1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

At that price I wouldn't think twice!!

BUY IT !

Comment

That is very cheap. The body seems to be in pretty good shape and fron the pictures, it has some nice options too. If you're into these cars: buy it.

Comment

well its a no brainer get it and if you dont like it take out the cams and head and you will make a profit even from this buy by selling these 2 parts.

Comment

Thanks chaps, I'm away for 10 days, if it's there when I get back (no reason why it shouldn't be, it's been there for over a year already), I'll buy it. It would make a great car to run around here in, it would need a gearbox though, is that something that's going to be a pain in the **** to find? It feels like it's better screwed together than my C6 A6 3.0TDI.

Comment

I have a 7a quattro gearbox for sale of you are interested.
                          AKmotorsport.net - Manufacturing Motorsport parts that do the job. | Audi S2 on Facebook | Best way of reaching me is sending email to albert@akmotorsport.net

Comment

Working...
                          X