01E Paddle Shift project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 01E Paddle Shift project

Hey guys. Just a quick peek of the 01E to Paddle Shift conversion we're doing for a FWD 01E dogbox.
    We mounted the 2 and 3 position pneumatic cylinders with position sensors directly to the shifting rod. It's going to be powered by MME Motorsport GCU which can drive this easily.

Let me know what you think.

Short video of the progress: https://youtu.be/tRo68nYyEio

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.
    Last edited by Greg_S; 5 November 2018, 19:16.

it looks impresive realy nice job. but it looks masive and cutting middle tunnel is a must

Comment

That is correct. This car will actually be built around the gearbox, but for next project, we plan to mount these at the stock gear lever position and connect it with cables.

Comment

Nice project
        I assume you will use a dog gear set?
        Which ECU are you using? Most good platforms have gearbox control options these days.
        Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
        Indigo ABY coupé
        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Yes, it's a dogbox. We are building this for a customer, so I'm not sure about the ecu yet. When you say gearbox options, you mean like cutting the ignition between shifts or controlling the actual shift?

Comment

wow this is very cool... possible for standard box or is this just a race setup? great idea
            Cheers mis amigos,
            _Anton

Comment

Originally posted by cmcraeslo View Post
              Yes, it's a dogbox. We are building this for a customer, so I'm not sure about the ecu yet. When you say gearbox options, you mean like cutting the ignition between shifts or controlling the actual shift?

Yes Ignition cut/retard, downshift autoblip with e-throttle or throttle jacker and gearbox solenoid/actuator control, often an analog shifter sensor and gear position sensor are used for accurate and fast shift control.
              I'm not sure cables will work very well as you will loose some accuracy in the movement - I think you will need rigid linkages. A sequential adaptation mechanism would be cool and make packaging easier. A lot of design work though!

Anton you can't use this with a standard box as it will destroy the syncros - needs to be a dog gear set
              Indigo ABY coupé
              Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Actually, you can use this with standard sychromesh gearbox with this too. All you need is to lower the pressure to a reasonable value and add a clutch actuator. The GCU we're using has this support.
                Also, the cables are perfectly accurate as long as the linkages have little or no free travel. Same goes for rod shifting.

Comment

Well, sure you can but you end up with a slow shift to protect the syncros so kinda defeats the purpose of the system
                  What type of cable do you use on this?
                  Indigo ABY coupé
                  Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Error404 Correct

Comment

Little update of the final adjustments. More info about the project running soon

Comment

More pictures
                        This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

Here's the final result:

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X