Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My SWB Project/Money pit...!!

Hi Guys,

So i am just about to start my SWB project and thought I may as well do a build thread for it!

I used to have an A plate WR and then a G plate RR back in the late 90's (when i was about 21) and since then have always wanted to do a Shorty but money was always the issue However, that has now changed so it's time to build my dream car...

Got myself an E plate CQ about 2 months ago and will be starting it next week so here's the plan:

I know you purists will hate this but am going to shorten and keep the windscreen angle as i prefer the look.

Full roll cage

Sport front end with sport rally rear 1/4's as i prefer the higher vent location (Just ordered this i carbon/kevlar from cool wheels inc doors)

Radiator in the boot, alternator in the back with take off from propshaft.

CQ dashboard, Full racing seats, perspex side/rear windows (might do front screen as well)

Complete new under undercarriage from AK Motorsport (tubular subframes/wishbones, S2 uprights with KW coilovers, all tie bars/track rods, full polyflex bushes for everything and their uprated driveshafts)

Engine will be an 07K but not sure whether to get a later NA from the States and buy a new TTRS crank to go in it or buy the latest TTRS engine with the ally block.... (Your thoughts please). Engine will be built by Race Developments and then i'm going to look at twin charging it (with the help of Storm Developments) as I have decided to shoot for 850bhp

Gearbox wise I could do with your input on..... I'm thinking one of the following, B5 S4, B7 RS4 or maybe A4 all-road??

I want to keep the car low so am thinking 16x9 wheels but need some help with brake choices?

Colour options are yet to be decided but i have a couple of ideas....

And finally, I will obviously be getting rid of pretty much everything on the CQ so if anyone needs any parts then feel free to PM me!!

Mike

Looking forward to following your project. Take plenty of photos please and post as many as you can on here, they don’t need to be exceptional or posed, on your phone is grand, we just like to see how it’s going. Good luck!
    1996 S2 ABY Coupe silver
    2003 S3 8L dolphin grey
    2014 RS4 B8 prism silver

Comment

Originally posted by 4WDrifter View Post
      Looking forward to following your project. Take plenty of photos please and post as many as you can on here, they don’t need to be exceptional or posed, on your phone is grand, we just like to see how it’s going. Good luck!
      Thanks bud, i will be taking loads on my phone and will keep you guys up to date. Get the car Wednesday so first job is pulling it apart!!
      Attached Files

Comment

I want to keep the car low so am thinking 16x9 wheels but need some help with brake

martin at reyland motorsport can sort your brakes out .
        ap racing callipers and disks to suit .

i gave him a hub and wheel from a urquattro and Audi S2 to measure up and do a selection of brake options .

Comment

Originally posted by jsws3 View Post
          I want to keep the car low so am thinking 16x9 wheels but need some help with brake

martin at reyland motorsport can sort your brakes out .
          ap racing callipers and disks to suit .

i gave him a hub and wheel from a urquattro and Audi S2 to measure up and do a selection of brake options .
          This is measure of the level of help you’ll get on the forum.
          1996 S2 ABY Coupe silver
          2003 S3 8L dolphin grey
          2014 RS4 B8 prism silver

Comment

Looking forward to following your build.
            Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Yes, I'm looking forward to watching your progress as well. Lots of pics please.
              Nothelle S2 Avant
              Black Ur project
              Ocianic Ur project gone
              S2 Coupe project gone
              Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Well, a little update... Have found a lot of tin worm...

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

They’re all the same!!
                  1996 S2 ABY Coupe silver
                  2003 S3 8L dolphin grey
                  2014 RS4 B8 prism silver

Comment

Looking forwards to seeing this develop. You will be amazed how many man hours it will consume!

Comment

Working...
                    X