1990 CQ AAN Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1990 CQ AAN Swap

I have a 1990 Coupe Quattro i got in the summer of 2018. In February of 2019 I acquired an AAN out of a URS4 with a 3B intake manifold, full wiring harness, rs2 exhaust manifold gasket kit, and a stage 2 socketed ecu. Pulled head due to slight oil leak, is currently at the machine shop getting patched and a incorrectly installed spark plug thread fixed.
    Currentl plans are to get a Wagner S2 intercooler, intercooler piping, downpipe, rs2 bumper and euro rear bumper.
    ISO a 3B water manfold or how to make the aan manifold work with the swap.
    Also what needs to be done, as well as who could modify the urs4 wiring harness to work with my coupe and etc.
    If there is anything major i am missing feel free to let me know, still learning as much as I can before I start the swap. IMG_20190415_180831_829.jpg
    Attached Files

Not sure where you are in the states, but Motorgeek and theprojectpad are good sources. This swap has been done many times and is well documented on those sites. As for the harness, if you don't want to do it yourself, contact EFIexpress, good people there.

Comment

Originally posted by De80q View Post
      Not sure where you are in the states, but Motorgeek and theprojectpad are good sources. This swap has been done many times and is well documented on those sites. As for the harness, if you don't want to do it yourself, contact EFIexpress, good people there.
      I'm in Washington, definitely will give those pages a deeper dive. Most likely will outsource the harness, thanks for the suggestion.

Comment

why would you get the wagner intercooler, if you're going to run a 3b intake?

Comment

Little bit of an update:
          AAN head was machined and refreshed
          Recieved some S2 and 3B parts - Intercooler, water manifold and downpipe.
          Last part to source is a adu or aby valve cover, glossed over that need with 3B manifold until I realized it wouldn't fit the throttle body with the AAN valve cover. So if anyone has one laying around or has a lead please let me know asap.
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Been a few months now, 7A is out of the car, interior is pulled and headliner has been sent to get rewrapped. Got most the parts I needed off the 7a to finish the conversion. In the lapse of time i have gotten a 7A valve cover and it has been machined for coils along with finding a 7a oil pan as well. Got an AAN harness adpated by EFI express.

At this point in the project the wiring harness is out of the car, need to relocate the battery to the trunk and am tentative to outing the new AAN harness in as I am not wuite sure yet if other pins and plugs need to be adapted to the AAN from my 7A to complete the swap.

After that is sorted, harness should go in and then drop the AAN and hope it starts. Got a euro coupe bumper and brackets for a US car along with a Rieger RS2 bumper on the way. Will try to post more progress as we get closer to the finish.
            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 5 photos.

Comment

I miss seeing this beauty on Instagram, lol. But look forward to watching your progress.

I’m in the early stages of a 20vt swap on my CQ, as well. Only real difference for me is I am using the 3B harness that I got from the donor car. Also, doing a refresh of all bushings, brakes, and mounts while it’s on stands.
              2001 A4 Avant QMS - FXK04'd
              1991 Audi CQ - Project
              1996 A4 12v Quattro Manual - SOLD

Comment

Working...
              X