Audi 80 B4 2,6 avant quattro projekt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mdz View Post

Plastic inserts (4A0 853 379 E) were available new at the dealership, retaining clips (8A0 853 582) came with the skirts when I bought them but you can cut them out from sheet of metal.
    When i bought the S2 skirts i bought new plastic inserts and the skrews. Just bought the endcaps new, getting the next week.
    But THX for the info. Great help.

Comment

A V6 is only as lazy as the stock condition and lack of any attention to that, lets it be. Here's an abbreviated list:

- The engine air filter box's square-edged exit lacks a velocity stack (that almost every other Audi has), photo below;
      - The intake duct to throttle-body seal leaks un-metered air in;
      - The Intake manifold alone has multiple mating interfaces (17 IIRC?) which warp and / or will be leaking vacuum;
      - The 6 injectors each spray directly onto the 6 significant cylinder-head intake port mis-matches; and
      - The crankcase vent system leaks vacuum and inhales engine oil at a great rate into the intake and fouls the entire engine interior from the throttle-body to the tail-pipes.

Traditional hot-rodding fixes all of the above low speed response malfactors that detract from its' potential, the engine can then properly read low airflow, carburate decently, and properly reduce fuel pressure at idle. That all provides for better charge mixture and keeps the plugs cleaner with better fuel economy to boot. Some have said that the 1st and 4th items on the above list were a deliberate factory de-tuning; for increased model differentiation.

Consider that even old 8v VWs had more bottom-end grunt than the 16v versions of the same vintage. Yup, technically 8v VW = Audi 12v.

For example, until your MAF can get smooth air to read quantity properly at low speeds and see all the air being ingested, your just not getting the total ignition advance possible at the bottom end, let alone rid of the default to a too rich mixture that insufficient vacuum guarantees. Sadly few ever explore what can be achieved with simple patience, attention to detail and very little money. The architecture (since it's nigh on identical in spec to an 2.0 8v 4-cyl VW that stock, gets 180 Nm torque, therefore your 2.6 euro 12v ought to easily get 234 and quickly) is all there, it just needs finishing. It takes a while but is quite satisfying.

V-stack into MAF body directly.png
      Last edited by Lago Blue; 22 September 2021, 04:31.

Comment

Originally posted by Lago Blue View Post
        A V6 is only as lazy as the stock condition and lack of any attention to that, lets it be. Here's an abbreviated list:

- The filter box's square-edged exit lacks a velocity stack;
        - The intake duct to throttle-body seal leaks un-metered air;
        - The Intake manifold alone has multiple (17 IIRC?) interfaces which warp and/or will be leaking vacuum;
        - The injectors spray directly onto a significant cylinder-head port mis-match; and
        - The crankcase vent system leaks vacuum and inhales engine oil at a great rate into the intake and fouls the entire engine interior from the throttle-body to the tail-pipes.

Traditional hot-rodding fixes all of the above low speed response malfactors that detract from its' potential, the engine can then properly read low airflow, carburate decently, reduce fuel pressure, provide better charge mixture and keep the plugs cleaner with better fuel economy to boot. Some have said that the 1st and 4th items on the above list were a deliberate factory de-tuning.

For example, until your MAF can get smooth air to read properly at low speeds and see all the air being ingested, your just not getting the total ignition advance possible at the bottom end, let alone rid of the default to a too rich mixture. Sadly few ever explore what can be achieved with simple patience, attention to detail and very little money. The architecture (since it's nigh on identical in spec to an 2.0 8v 4-cyl VW that gets 180 Nm torque, then your 2.6 ought to easily get 234 and quickly) is all there, it just needs finishing. It takes a while but is quite satisfying.

V-stack into MAF body directly.png
        You know your stuff, don't so mutch about the new engien i bought. But as i remember the new is faster and more tork then the old one.

Comment

Where does this go.
          diden’t disasemble the audi so i can’t figure out where it gord
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

My last spam of the weekend.
            This gallery has 5 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by kokken
              Where does this go.
              diden’t disasemble the audi so i can’t figure out where it gord
              Looks like some air guide for radiator. Look for part number on it, should be stamped somewhere.

Comment

Looks like some air guide for radiator. Look for part number on it, should be stamped somewhere.
                I think it is for the rightside, vil try to se what is up and what i down.

Comment

Sideskirts holds down to the car without attaching bottom part just fine. Fixing covers will break and fall out at some point anyway. I had modified B5 rings and covers, most of them were gone after first winter and two of my friends with B5s said the same.
                  Ordered 10 of each today, hoping mine holds better

Comment

Startede my new doors projekt. Driverside first. Not same color unfortunately. Going to get foil with strips and quattro writen on.
                    This gallery has 8 photos.

Comment

So my door projekt almost finished.
                      will start on the tailgate light projekt after
                      This gallery has 1 photos.
                      Last edited by kokken; 8 September 2019, 12:51. Reason: Edit tekst

Comment

Keep the progress going.

What else do you have planned?

Comment

1. Tailgate projket, thinking with EL lock system from an A4
                          2. fixing the central lock so i can lock with remote
                          3. removing the tailgate wiper arm and closing the hole in the back window with a plug “ bought on ebay “
                          4. fixing the S2 side skirts and back bumper.
                          That is what i have for now. Later putting in 4 10” jbl subwoofers maby og somthing

Comment

So did a little work on the old lady today
                            This gallery has 4 photos.

Comment

Removed the tailgate wiper arm. But the wiperarm scratch the window hope i can buff it out

Comment

Next stage of the projekt.
                                1. Opgrading the central lock system to remote
                                2. Fixing the back S2 bumper bracket
                                3. Fixing the S2 sideskirts brackets and sideskirts ends.
                                This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

Working...
                                X