Quick 80 Quattro for garage build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick 80 Quattro for garage build

So this hopefully will be a quick one as brought it last Saturday to do and sell to get funds to build my new garage . Fingers crossed

Ordered a service kit including cambelt kit which was only £24 for cambelt which makes a change from my normal daily vehicles
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

And after a few tyres and bits I had in stock oh and welded the inner and outer sill ends up she was motd and back on the road where she deserves to be. Had to run through injection system and set it back to factory as idle valve was seized solid and someone had adjusted it on metering head rather than fix it properly . Emissions where 0.02 lol

Comment

I bought an exceptionally tidy 80 saloon to sell and make a few quid. They don't sell as easily as i thought and I didn't make any money but my god I enjoyed fixing and driving it.. Make sure you don't build a garage to keep it in..

Comment

Got 2 people that want it that pop into work so fingers crossed but after driving it for the day yesterday and my girlfriend even mentioned we could sell one of the day vans we have a use for camping it instead for winter as it’s only £128 a year insurance fullycomp and I get free petrol weekly .

Comment

Originally posted by Lefrog View Post
            ...my girlfriend even mentioned we could sell one of the day vans we have a use for camping it instead for winter
            I'd go with that reason for keeping it !!

That'll be quite a rare car?

Comment

Well been running for a few days lovely , need a few trims expansion/overflow cap etc but do I put alloys from my coupe and my nardi steering wheel from my swb on ? Just for a bit ???

Comment

Well Thinking steering wheel is a yes but compomotives are a step to far as need to change the hub flanges . Got a couple nardi steering wheels somewhere but found this bad boy instead no idea what it came off ?
                This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Well old customer blew his 80 up so let me buy a few items back for the Quattro still not decided what to do with it , slightly mod it with genuine parts or sell it as it is ?

Comment

Well the engine is a bit underpowered and without 5cyl hard sell. Maybe in 5 years, once coupes will raise in price, we will see some price raise for 80q salons but so far even in Latvia where they are most common they don't sell for more than 800eur.
                    If shell is in good condition and you can have some fun with it keep it. Otherwise based on your situation any costly fixes means sell. Also nardi wheel look in really bad condition.

Comment

I ve got spares engines 3b 7a etc but trying not to go down that route as nice to leave it original to a degree and got a few different steering wheels can't put something too nice on it as rest has patina on it lol

Comment

Well finally got a hour on the 80 put a new 272 relay in as after run fans were on constant and soaked the new steering wheel got the centre back like new but the grime around outer is bad underneath is mint just got to try and remove it , used to use tfr of the sales cars but thinking this will need something a bit more gentle
                        Attached Files

Comment

Anyone has ideas of 15" tyre size , gonna chuck my competition wheels on at the weekend and may as well get some new boots on it , double the value of it

Comment

Good question re tire sizes. Would european sedans with original 15" wheels have come with either 195/60-15 M + Ss or 205/50-15 summers?

However weren't the competition's wheels 16"s just les mêmes que le cabriolet?

https://www.automobile-sportive.com/...ompetition.php

Or perhaps you meant another sort of wheel?

Comment

Yeah think your right , I ve got different sets than that and all 15" but I ve got enough bits to change it up a bit including lights and bumpers and fingers crossed we ve sold our house this week so funds will be ok for a bit . Seems strange to just paint the spoiler to fit when I could do bumpers at the same time , need a wing really though .

Comment

Working...
                              X