S2 Avant -93 DUK-3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S2 Avant -93 DUK-3

Hello everybody, this is my build from Finland.

I bought the car a year ago. Front bumper was on primer and rest of the car had some rust issues and overall bad paint job. So first I fixed all the rust and dents, got car resprayed with primer and then wrapped it with iSee2 storm grey vinyl. It's going to be painted red in some point.

IMG_6178-2.jpg?img=medium.jpg

IMG_7685.jpg?img=medium.jpg
    IMG_7154.jpg?img=medium.jpg
    Car allready had BC Racing coilovers when I bought it. Next step was the brake update. On front I found Porsche Cayenne 6-pot Brembos with 330mm discs, rear calipers were sandblasted and painted Brembo red like the front calipers. New discs, pads and hoses on every corner.
    Wheels are BBS LM128 8,5x18" with 215/35 tyres. Wheels are fully refurbished, centers are powder coated in satin black, lips are painted in black with three clear coat layers. New center caps and bolts.

_MG_3333.jpg?img=medium.jpg
    _MG_9418.jpg?img=medium.jpg

_MG_9409.jpg?img=medium.jpg

Last edited by Duke; 13 April 2020, 09:44.

Car allready had MaxxEcu engine management, RS2 manifold, turbo, RS2 injectors and RS2 cams. It feld so lazy! So it was time to take the engine out for a full rebuild.

IMG_1103.jpg?img=medium.jpg

Stripped a part, block painted and ready to go for machining.
    IMG_1370.jpg?img=medium.jpg

Block was drilled to 82mm over bore. New CP pistons, Eagle copy H-profile rods, ARP-bolts, ACL-race bearings.
    New Bling Factory billet flywheel was attached with Sachs SRE clutch. Everything was balanced.

IMG_3160.jpg?img=medium.jpg
    All the external parts are powder coated either black or silver.

IMG_2288.jpg?img=medium.jpg

Head was cleaned and serviced with Supertech inconel exhaust valves, TRW intake valves, upgraded profile, FCP lifters, ARP headbolts, Victor Reinz seals everywhere.
    IMG_3248.jpg?img=medium.jpg

Comment

Engine has now been assembled. It has Tommis Billet adjustable camshaft gear and chain gear with RS2 camshafts. Stronger Tommis Billet engine timing crankshaft gear. New engine mounts filled with Sika bond. New waterpump, new belts, new Bosch start motor and new Bosch alternator.

To make it pretty the head cover was ceramic polished, intake manifold was painted with VHT wrinkle, timing belt cover was replaced with a carbon piece and of course R8 oilcap

IMG_4135.jpg?img=medium.jpg
      IMG_4134jpg.jpg?img=medium.jpg

Comment

Really nice what's the rest of the combo

Comment

Great looking Avant. I bet your well happy with how it looks. Thanks for sharing your hard work with us. .

Comment

Looks great, quite a bit of work since you first got the car too. Is it all back together now?
            Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Lovely colour on this car. I would be tempted to get it sprayed grey instead of a red. Looks mean. Good work with the engine side.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Comment

Thank you all, work is still in progress. Just got the exhaust manifold and 3" downpipe. I'm going to use Borg Warner EFR 7670 turbo, so no longer need for external wastegate. Bosch 044 fuel pump was installed inside the tank with new thicker wiring.

IMG_3819.jpg?img=medium.jpg
                IMG_3823.jpg?img=medium.jpg

Comment

looks great, what brand of wrap did you use for the car?

Comment

Tervetuloa ! Looking good, like the wrap and engine looks also great @david1980 if u read the first post u see what brand
                    Project Audi s2 coupé 1996

http://http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80796]

Comment

Originally posted by Filip_FIN View Post
                      Tervetuloa ! Looking good, like the wrap and engine looks also great @david1980 if u read the first post u see what brand
                      Thanks, I've never heard of that brand before. I've just had a look now and found them - isee2

the paintwork on my coupe is garbage, the laquer is cracking and before I make the decision to sell the car part of me is thinking to wrap it but I don't know if wrapping would work on it if the laquer is not 100% smooth?

Comment

Laquer must be smooth, every single fault, stonechip, rust etc. will show on wrap.

Comment

Cool stealth look
                          Black LMs
                          00 S8
                          94 RS2
                          94 80 Competition
                          88 urquattro 20vt

Comment

IMG_4726.jpg?img=medium.jpg
                            Almost everything has found their places. New aluminium 62mm 3-row radiator with new fan. Oil cooler relocated. New Wagner tuning IC.

IMG_4723.jpg?img=medium.jpg

Comment

I like what I see. Can you tell me about the custom fan wiring? Does one need to do something or simply drop in the replacement? Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X