Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1991 Audi 200 20v, Garrett GTX3582R, Electric Power Steering questions

Howdy,

Long time reader, first time poster. I've owned 2 UrS vehicles, a few other Quattros, and now a unicorn in my mind; a 91 200 20v.

I got the vehicle from an old member on many Audi forums, he went by RockinV8 and has set me up for success with Scat rods, +.5 valves, stainless intake, inconel exhaust, an original Wagner evo manifold, and more.

The reason for my post is to try and gain some knowlede on electronic power steering and potentially some updates from those that have done this in the past. I've seen many posts about using a volvo pump and even an Mr2 Spyder pump, but opted for the Volvo unit as a good example was at a local junkyard.

So, with the replica S1 EVO i.m. fitted, I was running into fitment issues with the p.s. pump up front, and decided to try something else custom on this build - delete the belt driven unit & replace it with an electric pump.

I've already obtained the pump & proper fittings to run it,, but I'm wondering about power supply. The alternator I picked up weeks ago is is 115 amp, and I'm wondering if this will be enough for everything already fixated to a stock vehicle and this new addition.

I'll likely need to delete the stock radiator fan to free up more space for charge piping to the intercooler and that electric fan will draw at least 7 amps under full load. Having said that, what are your guy's thoughts on alternators, batteries, etc?
    Any tips or information is greatly appreciated.

I hope you guys enjoy seeing this thing as much as I do everytime I open the garage.. it's not an S/RS2, but it will be something spectacular once it's all said & done.

Experience or testimonials with this snail are welcomed as well.

Cheers
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 19 photos.
Working...
X