Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3b s2 pearl white

Just bought this for £3000 http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/138236.htm
    To be honest its no where near mint as described!
    ive booked it in to my mates bodyshop to start work on making this thing truly mint.
    first the windows coming out so we can repair the rust on the top of the window then, all the scratches dents are being repaired followed by a g3 mop.
    i will post pictures of the finished article.
    i have a few questions for you guys:
    1. what is the best leather refurb kit to buy?
    2. what do you think 18" rs8 alloys would look like?
    3. where can i get a secondry radiator from?
    4. can anyone recommend a good mechanic in the hampshire area to look over the car and give it a thoughrough service?
    5 porshe cup alloys will be up for grabs in the next couple of weeks if anyones intrested they are very tatty !

Umm

Where was this car, Swindon? and was it Khiran that sold it to you??

Jay

Comment

yeah i went to see it yesterday i have left a deposit do you know the car?

Comment

Umm

I have PM you

Jay

Comment

What size are the wheels? May be interested if the price is right, not too worried about cosmetic but they've gotta be properly round. Just had my tyres changed, hit a bad-*** pothole on a country lane and now 2 of them are a little out of shape

Make the trip up to Banbury to MRC, you can fly up the A34 and be there pretty quick. They know the car's inside-out and can run full diagnostics/health check. If anything needs replacing, or has been bodged, they'll find it. Or you can take a trip down to Yeovil.

Cheers
          Ross
          AUDI - saving Dad's from minivans since 1994

Comment

Best colour to have it in! Hope you enjoy it when you get your mitts on it
            Chef

Comment

Originally posted by terrybullwon View Post
              Best colour to have it in! Hope you enjoy it when you get your mitts on it

1. SHORT SHIFT KIT
              2. PORSCHE CAYENNE CALIPERS
              3. H & R SPRINGS
              4. BILSTEIN SHOXS
              5. NEW BUSHES AND HP2 STRUTS
              6. UPRATED HIGH OUTPUT COIL PACK
              7. ,3" turbo back s/s/ exhaust
              8. fmic fitted

Comment

best colour....naturally. Whats the scoop on this car then Jay, spill the beans....

Make sure whoever does the repair on the roofline does a better than good job. I had mine done 5years ago by Kim Collins and the bloody rust is bubbling back up again, not only that but it looks like its starting in a bigger, more widespread area this time. NOT impressed..... even more p**sed as paint matching a pearl is a nightmare gggggrrrrrrrrr.

Enjoy it once you've fixed it I have been loving mine for 7 years this July
                sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

whats the rush

later on this one all will be revealled to the forum by myself or alex:mischeif:

Jay

Comment

second thoughts

The hpi check is registering the car as having 2 colour changes. i should think this meens the car is not a genuine pearl white example it describes the car as white on the hpi, think im going to ask some more questions and get a proper inspection before handing over the money...

Comment

just fyi, mine is 'white' on the MOT/V5 Might want to check using the chassis number or data sticker in the boot/service history with VAG? That should confirm the colour it left Ingolstadt with
                      sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Of course I also have to add that you've got the best colour there!! You're looking for the code L0A9 for Pearl white on the sticker (handy recent post by Jas!)

Saw the car on ebay Linky I noticed the wheels actually and it was interesting to see what such a set would look like on "my" car

cheers

Paul
                        Last edited by Paulgo; 5 March 2007, 14:12.
                        Trick Pearl White 1992 3B S2 Coupe. Porsche 996 monoblock stopping power! HID Seeing power! Mmmmm Miltek!!!
                        Trick Indigo Pearl B5 S4 Recaros, Bose , Mmmm Miltek!!!
                        sigpic

Comment

lol likewise, thought they only suited a darker colour but seems that was wrong, they look good.
                          sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Working...
                          X