Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RS2 rebuild

Hi all,

Thought I'd start a project thread as this fitting for what I've got myself into ?.

So the running gear and subframes were already stripped out of it before I purchased it and I will be carrying on from where the garage left off.

Underbody restoration and powder coated subframes and suspension components.

This is it as it stands now and I'll be starting on it as soon as the gear I've ordered to tackle the job arrives.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 10 photos.

Some photos aren't uploading, I think the files may be too big.

Comment

Did your car come from East England? You might have My spare fuel tank I sold a while back.
      Nothelle S2 Avant
      Black Ur project
      Ocianic Ur project gone
      S2 Coupe project gone
      Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

That should clean up nicely. Don't loose anything! Take extra care removing parts. Most of them are rocking horse poo
        Nothelle S2 Avant
        Black Ur project
        Ocianic Ur project gone
        S2 Coupe project gone
        Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Well I bought the car off the garage in Swansea who had it in for refurb when the customer passed away so I don't know what part of the country the car originally came from.

​​​​​Yeah I'll be careful removing bits and label things up as I go along. I'll be asking questions on what's what soon so I can label up what I have in bits as nothing was labeled when it was removed.

Comment

I find the online audi parts catalogue very handy for working out what goes where, and what size bolts are required etc-
            https://webautocats.com/etka/audi/rs2/41/

Always great to see another one being saved! Good luck with the project!
            Time waits for no man. Unless that man is Chuck Norris.

Comment

if you have space for parts store everything as small parts will be difficult to sort out. it does not look bad.. had some cars worse then this

Comment

Yes thankfully I have the space to keep all the parts.

​​​​​It really is just surface corrosion thankfully, I've treated the front arches already and made a start on the rear ones today.

Does anyone have right hand bumper bracket for the rear bumper?
                This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/204621003...Bk9SR6yEjdLCYw
                  Nothelle S2 Avant
                  Black Ur project
                  Ocianic Ur project gone
                  S2 Coupe project gone
                  Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Much cheaper at Tradition.
                    https://shops.audi.com/en_GB/web/tra...term=8A0807194
                    Nothelle S2 Avant
                    Black Ur project
                    Ocianic Ur project gone
                    S2 Coupe project gone
                    Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Doesn't look too bad from the photo's, not very often one see's a rusty RS2 but if it was a car used all year round then the salt thrown on our roads all winter will always take it's toll. Wales is particully bad for salt, they seem to chuck as much as the can on, I live very close to the main depot so see the lorrys coming and going all the time.

As a rule I never used my car in winter and if I did I'd pressure wash the whole car inculding the underside as soon as I could, thankfully my car is rust free and now in dry storage.

If you ever want photo's of bit's of a complete car or to have a look in person feel free to drop me a PM, I'm less than an hour away from you and have been working on these cars for over 20 years and am happy to help rescue another RS2.

What colour is your's I can't quite work it out from the pics?
                      1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
                      1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
                      1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
                      1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Thanks for the links Dave, I nearly died at the first one then realised it wasn't pounds but still pricey compared to tradition like you said, even with the postage.

It's silver kit. That would be great, I'd like to see one up close to gauge what goes where. Sometimes pictures aren't quite enough to work this out and your years of knowledge will surely help along the way, it's much appreciated.

Comment

Audi Tradition don't post to UK anymore unless you are a trader. Will here does a group buy every now and again. I suggest you make a list and get an order in.
                          https://www.s2forum.com/forum/member...e2#post2142471
                          Nothelle S2 Avant
                          Black Ur project
                          Ocianic Ur project gone
                          S2 Coupe project gone
                          Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

That's ok, I can get them through work, we have an eori number for importing.

Made some progress the last couple of days. Still can't manage to get every photo to upload but you get the jist, wire wheeled the arches, rust converter on the rusty patches (not many) then epoxy rust proof primer on the exposed bits, then black stone chip and basecoat on top of that.

Only used black so I could see where the paint was going, bit difficult to get a good coverage with a similar colour.

Time will tell how well it holds up but I'm pleased with it and it looks great. The same process on the rear but i haven't got the basecoat on yet.

This gallery has 6 photos.

Comment

Digging through the parts I noticed this back plate was corroded and the steel clip has come off which I haven't found yet. How hard are these to get hold of? Or is it worth me trying to repair this one. IMG20240318160156.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X