KV Stroker or 7A Conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KV Stroker or 7A Conversion

Can anyone please point me in the right direction for information on a home-brewed 2226cc I5 10v (KV) stroker build please? I'm assuming that it uses the 95.5mm diseasel crank to give 2.5l and a 82.5 / 83mm overbore to achieve around the 2.6l capacity. The standard 40/33mm valves must be quite restrictive at that sort of capacity so I assume that a 40.5/35 or 41/35 setup is preferred with a lot of lift and medium duration to make the most of the bigger valves. I also assume that it is very torquey but suffers with top end power due to the aforementioned valve restrictions and also due to the reciprocating mass of the engine. I am particularly interested in what block is used, rod choice, compression ratio choice and whether the pistons are decked and a thicker head gasket used?

My other question relates to fitting a 7A engine to a K-jet KV engined car. I would hope that the K-jet injectors fit the 7A inlet with the use of some adaptors? I also assume that the same stroker treatment can be applied to the 7A?

All pie in the sky at the mo but I love teasing myself with this stuff... keeps me out of trouble anyway! This is all for a B2 90 that I haven't even got yet! Ihate my brain sometimes!
    Cheers'en, AndyC
    1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

I've been looking at strokers recently and the 95.5 crank in the 2226 block give a stroke ratio below 1.6 which is not good for engine life!

Better of with the 92.8 crank, 144 rods and short pistons.

Comment

Just put a 3b lump in their and be done with it, you know you want too :mischeif:
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jon441cc View Post
        Just put a 3b lump in their and be done with it, you know you want too :mischeif:
        If I was going to do that then I'd just buy a scrapped S2 and swap the lot over and go for 280 on a K24 in a 1300kg car... thankfully funds don't allow and the aim for the car is to make it OEM+ (where have we heard that before!!!). Chassis and bodywork are to be completely sorted to a good standard before any work goes ahead on the engine and some uprated brakes, possibly the S2 G60s to start (anyone know if they fit the B2 with 280mm discs off a Golf?). Its a nice standard car so might be financially worth keeping it as standard as possible (within reason and all that!). stroker KV will add guts and fun but look standard and sound awesome too!

Cheers for the reminder on rod to stroke ratio Jamo
        Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Andy,
          I had the pleasure (and misfortune) to have the second 2.6 TSR conversion. THere is a write up on my car (and the first) in seperate issues of VWAudi Car magazine - the difference between the two cars being that I went for K-Star injection.
          As I recall, the crank was from an old diesel van. The stroke was 95.5 and the bore size 82.51, . This together with a Schrick cam (272) and a TSR pack C (40mm inlet and 35mm outlet) head gave me 198 N/A bhp. Absolutely fabulous to drive - loads of torque and a mid-range that was just fab. This engine is what really set me on the slippery path to power!
          CHeers
          Chris

PS. I also added stopping power with 310mm discs and Wilwood 4-pot callipers. THese needed 16" wheels though. I still have these if you are at all interested? :mischeif:

Hope this Helps?
          Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
          20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

Was looking for a set of correct offset 15s or to get the current ones machine. What alloys are they? Looking for a set of period alloys to set the car off so no 20" spinners Chris

Chris, what is the name of the American forum I seem to remember you recommending on another forum (Audifans.net?)?
            Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Andy,
              American site is motorgeeks.com
              Wheels are correct offset 16" Team Dynamic Sport
              Cheers
              Chris
              Attached Files
              Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
              20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

ANd the Willwoods
                Attached Files
                Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
                20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

Cheers Chris, PM sent before I read the post.

Lots to get on with before big brakes and wheels I'm afraid but will bear it in mind for future developments!
                  Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Chris, do you have the hats for the brake upgrade?

Ant
                    91' Coupe quattro 20v - project
                    KW V2s and other goodies
                    now gone
                    03' BMW 330CI - Sold
                    08' A5 Coupe 3.0l tdi quattro - Sold
                    57' BMW 525d M Sport Touring

Comment

I have a KK motor for sale from my b2 80 Quattro if you are interested Andy? was a sweet runner.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X