General Hello & Engines!?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General Hello & Engines!?!?!

Thought this may be the best way to say hi! to the lot of you!

To save any gross disappointment at a later date, I must confess with a great drop in tone that sitting here typing away is NOT an S2 owner!

I'm one of those pansey A4 drivers (Yep!, you know them!) who spend every hard earned (He-he-he!) penny on things to push my baby to speeds that an S2 will steam out of the box at! This is for insurance purposes only though, so no taunting or ridicule just yet! having just turned 25 and with a ban under the ol' belt, good old insurance companies don't seem to want to play nicely at the moment!

Anywho, I digress! This is a Hello and Help post!

So, here goes!

My names Mark Osborn (Oz) you know what I drive (All pity greatfully recieved) I work for rtn Ltd (Team Bentley as was!) as a buyer and have the missfortune to share an office with Mr Cutting (you may know him better as"Keeper of the kitten") which, obviously, is how I end up on here! Which isn't all deafening boredom for you guys, I can find performance parts pretty cheaply (even 4 the now ancient S2!) and am more than happy to help anyone if you think things are available cheaper than some of these mod companies usually quote!

But I'm also after some advice! I'm about to take the almighty step of the Blessed turbo upgrade and, being of inherant poorness, need the A4 to get to work! so I need a spare engine to build up! so I'm after anyone that you guys know that could possibly be a good source for complete engines! especially 1.8T 20v AEB lumps!

And out of shear curiousity, I'm intrigued to know if any of you out there are running higher than Cuttings 300ponies? I'm told the 5cyl 20vT can handle 500 without sacrificing driveability, how true is this? I'll be overtaking him with the new turbo and ECU so I think he's gonna want to know how much further he can go!

Sorry! went off on one again!
    The point was HI to all you nutters out there with a very fine automobile, speak to you soon!

Cho
    Oz

Welcome!
    Here's a thought for you, why don't you do it properly and get a 2.8V6 twin turbo from an S4 to stick in your A4, then mod the nuts off that instead?!

I saw an article a while back about someone who stuck that lump in the back of a Lotus Elise - completely barking

There are a few people here with some seriously big power outputs from the 5cyl, I'm sure they'll give you some views.
    Ex S2 owner, now running around in an A4 Avant quattro...

Comment

welcome to the mad house.

There is quite a few people breaking the 300 mark. Most of the chipped ABY's are just short of that and people like doug and mark and soon Habib are all gonna be breaking the 400 mark.

greg
      Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

I'm also quite new here, but i reckon there's quite a few cars with nice power, or at least who will have, when it's ready, (wich mine never seems to be).

Here is one for sure, (must promote the swedish S-cars).
        autounion S4 2.2

Comment

Mark is already over 400bhp which is awesome

I ran maybe 400 for a day(before I broke it), and will be running over that in the next couple of months.

I think Habib is going for the magic 500

Mihnea reckons 450bhp is the safe reliable limit - which I would be happy to be at for a while.
          S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

Biturbo V6 from S4 is 2.7 (2,671cc).

Siena

Comment

'Allo Ozzie...!!

It was inevitable that the dude I have the misfortune of sharing an office with would post here!

BTW he isn't joking, he really does want to out drag me with his (very tidy looking but woefully underpowered) A4.

(I'm just kidding dude! Thanks again for getting me home after Kitty let me down).

Siena, you're the dude for big hp V6 motors, must see sometime!

Doug, hope you get that motor buzzin' again soon. Your bumper is probably better than mine now!!!

My email is still down, bummer!

See ya later folks!!

__MDC__
              Martin Cutting

aka Keeper of "The Teutonic Kitten"

It's not better than sex, but it runs it a close second.

Comment

Hi P4s and welcome, I don't own an S2 either but have had the pleasure of rebuilding a head etc. of one of the resident power freaks!! So now we have two of you from a racing background eh! Closest I get to that is working next door to the truck building place in a little village near me who have built Ferrari's hospitality trailer for Schuey,Rubino,Jean and Ross and I must say it is very nice inside!!! Red leather and grey suede,plasma screens etc. own showers. They are now building the second car transporter for Williams as well as doing one for an F3 team!
                Anyway..... babbled on long enough, WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME, You should have a lot of fun here as everyone is friendly and will take the p*ss if you give them enough rope to do it!!
                Regards,
                Chris
                A6 Avant Tdi 110 because as the fuel prices keep going up I am so happy to be getting 649.8 miles to a tank of diesel!! (£50)

Comment

Good Work! Cheers fellas!

Big thanks to all of you!

Cheers for the welcome ( yes! you too Cutting!) top stuff, apologise for the eratic posts (spellings not too hot either!) but this is a work line so I'll try to spread them out over the day!

A6 AVANT: Family priorities as a reference for the 110hp? worry not my friend, if you have a son he'll take care of that side of things when he reaches 17! ohh! and the racing background is currently as active as the bus lane on the M4! (you know!!!)

Vagsport: well spotted fella, is this through a general knowledge or do you run an ASJ or AZR 27tt? Cutting was on about one of you guys having or planning to drop that lump in an S2, Its time to play god! ohh yes!

Doug: Mate! I hear that little met blue wonder is your baby, sat on 19's? snap fella, I'm running 19 OZ Superlegs, H&R coilys, AP Racing 6pots("ouch, that hurt":wallet!) Race cat and Magnex from there! tomorrow I visit Dave Walker (from CCC, as was!) about a stand-alone ECU to run the GT28RS dual Ball-Bearing Garrett hairdryer that should be getting ordered within the next month (big leap! projecting 350hp!) let you know! sounds like that is just a drop in the ocean to you 5cyl boys? I like the sound of 4s and 5s, go mental guys!

Autounion: What can I say? I heard that you Swedes love power (God bless you!) and I know its the home of DahlBack who just cant leave things alone until there is no more power to be found! BIG UP to you guys (I hate that phrase!)

GREG: "I definately heard three feline-like yelps coming from the book depository!" that kitten is the funniest thing I've seen this year! Pure Quality!

DAN B: I thought the same thing exactly when I first bought the A4! only three devastaing words will always thwart an ASJ/AZR being dropped in my baby! "FRONT WHEEL DRIVE!" Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagggggghhhhhh! and they STILL say theres a god!?!?!?!

Sorry for big posts, I'll be sorting a Laptop after the ECU (for obvious reasons!) so I'll post more often and drop the length of these monster posts down a bit!

Big thanks for the welcome, feels great to be here already! nice one!

Ohh! I still need a spare AEB, anythoughts? anyone?

Oz

Comment

P4s, welcome to S2Forum... We welcome all who can add to the discussions here and fever our passions for all Audi's. The fact that you use an Audi to get your kicks speaks loads, and we welcome that...

Hope you enjoy your stay and get something out of the site!
                    Painfully said goodbye to my baby....

2001 A4
                    Silver with black leather, Symphony, sport package, S4 bumper and wheels

Comment

Yo Osborn, so many friends already?!! I told you that you would enjoy the mad house!

Hey, I said Siena was dropping V6 into regular coupe quattro with heaps of good bits including S2 hubs, get your facts right!!! (Hey, I am right ain't I Siena?!!!)

BTW Siena, do you still have that throttle body? Just a thought. Was wondering, would be nice to come look-see at your manic machines when I have the time.

...oh yeah, and Ossie wants to tag along like a bored teenager too, but I might be able to shake him off if he's following me in that underpowered wrong wheel drive car of his!!

Me be shooting (very!) pretty gurly this weekend (weather permitting) but hey there are plenty more weekends in the year!

Right, stop disturbing me now 'cos I am trying to watch the ski jumping on Channel 4!!!

__MDC__
                      Martin Cutting

Comment

Ski jumping is halfway through! Commercials on now!

Mik, I have to ask - seeing as you are also listed as being in bow and arrow country (East Anglia!), is yours the S2 I saw in the vicinity of Silver Road or Spencer Street around October? If it is you'll know where those roads are!

Later folks!

__MDC__
                        Martin Cutting

Comment

Working...
                        X