Wastegate cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wastegate cap

Having been inspired by Doug's shiny (although painted!!!) wastegate cap, I took a spare from the shelf (incase it didn't work) and put it through my blast cabinet, I used a very fine grade grit to remove the original finish. Underneath was a very nice aluminium casting, with no other treatment I set about polishing the surface.
    Sunglasses are now required, it now matches the inlet manifold and intercooler pipes to perfection.
    A friend at work asked if it would be possible to do the same to my Monoblock's, I suppose I could always try. But it would become an ornament I don't think I would like to fit them, they would be a bit too bling!
    Corey
    01636 822288

Corey,

What surface treatment are you going to give your shiny wastegate cap to prevent it from corroding? I love polished alloy, however, it doesn't stay that way for long. Anodising might be the way to go?
    91 Modded 3B
    14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

I can anodise in any coulour you like, also clear to keep that polished look. If however you do not have access to anodising facilities don't worry about leaving polished surfaces bare my inlet manifold has been polished and not coated with anything, yet still looks as good as the day it was done, with regular polishing.
      Corey
      01636 822288

Comment

A polish much favoured by classic motorcyclists (bare aluminium crank cases) is called Belgom Alu. this leaves a protective coating on the polished metal.

It is available from classic car and motorbike shows as well as some motor bike shops. also www.frost.co.uk

HTH

Comment

Once it's shiny I like to polish it with a product called Peak.
          No inuendo intended...
          Corey
          01636 822288

Comment

@Corey,

Do you have another wastegate cap and the retainer bit for the spring i can get off you?

ta

Greg
            Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

I do indeed, bear in mind that the retainer bit may be different. Do you need the screw cover removed, so you can wind the boost up or down, or do you want a standard one?
              Corey
              01636 822288

Comment

with the wind in/out part please.
                Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Send me an email, so I can snail mail it.
                  Corey
                  01636 822288

Comment

Working...
                  X