X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One more 420hp project

Well,
    It is finally done. Almost.

My car is a 1995 RS2, polar silver with 70.000Km. I did a lot of things with chips and filter and exhaust, but I put everything stock again before I did this mod that I will tell.

From the stock RS2, ADU motor I changed:

• Turbo –Water cooled center section, K26#9 or #10, I don’t know, but the “turbo guy” said that is good to 500hp+
    • Compressor – TO4E, with (50 trim equivalent size) different design from Garrett, A/R .50

• New hoses from MAF to compressor inlet.
    • New, bigger MAF. A Porsche 928 (SQ also) aluminum unit.
    • 3’’exhaust, two on one from downpipe (21/2 ‘’on one 3’’). One Huge Flow Master at middle and one (almost pass through) muffler in the back;
    • Two auxiliary high pressure Bosch fuel pumps;
    • 710N diverter valve;
    • No breather hose to the intake. It is collected on an external bottle;
    • UNICHIP piggy-back computer with boost control;
    • 4bar FPR;

I’m still using stock ECU, stock EM, stock downpipe (only a little machined on the flange to turbine exit), and injectors.

I tried to use the stock MAF, but it blow away its hot wire at 1,5bar @ 7000rpm.

I’m on test phase yet. In Lag department, I’m running 0,2bar @ 3200rpm, 0,5bar @ 3500 rpm, 1bar @ 3700rpm and 1,3bar @ 4000rpm (full boost). 1,2bar @ 7000rpm.

Next week I will leave my car at the UNICHIP (A Porsche Dealer) center and do a new boost map (along with new timing and fuel maps). My intention is run 1,8bar @ 4000rpm (if its possible), 1,7bar@ 5000rpm, 1,6bar @6000rpm and 1,5bar @ 7000rpm. I expect to have ~410-430hp with this. I only run BR’s Podium gasoline (95 octanes IAD – 105RON) with 24% of alcohol).

As soon as I have more pictures and videos I will post’em here.

Regards,
    Mark

http://fotos.terra.com.br/album.cgi/mark.junior
    Silver Audi RS2

Now that is a nice photo!
    What is the black one nearest the camera?

ex '93 Avant owner

Comment

Nice project m8 looks good and hopefully drives good to !

Cheers Cees

Comment

mark - how easy was it to get that MAF working? And what diameter is it?
        S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

It's a Bi-turbo S8.

Try this:
          http://fotos.terra.com.br/album.cgi/mark.junior
          and then S8 Bi-trubo x RS6 ABT
          Silver Audi RS2

Comment

Doug,
            it was very very difficult to find out how to plug the MAF.
            The pins are different, and the impedance is different.

I took information from the electric schematics from the RS2 and from the Porsche 928 to figure out how to plug them.

Instead of charge you 100Euros for a thing that didn't work, like Thomas Schmalz did with Ricardo, I can share with you the circuit. Its very simple.

"The 928 part is @ 86mm in inside diameter and there are no "cooling fins" in the intake barrel vs the stock & RS2 MAF's @ 72mm diameter tube. This works out to something like @ 9+square inches of available intake area vs. @ 6 square inches for thestock/RS2 version." I didn't measured it, so it comes from the Kruemmer list.
            Silver Audi RS2

Comment

i am very jealous
              S4 2.7 Twin Turbo, with a few mods

Comment

Cheers Mark - I'm not in a hurry for it but I I would like to know how it was done.

I think a few of us are going to be reaching the flow limit for the wire in the standard ABY MAF soon.
                S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

Doug, I'm looking into a supplier that produces a MAF from carbon fibre that is 10% wider than standard S2 MAF but uses the same internals. I'll send a picture when it gets here next week.
                  91 Modded 3B
                  14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

Working...
                  X