Audi Coupe RS4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audi Coupe RS4

1990 Coupe quattro, Engine: RS4 biturbo V6 30V, capacity increased from 2.7 to 3.0, custom forged pistons ceramic coated, compression ratio reduced from 9.5:1 to 9:1, ported and polished heads, metal head gaskets, wire ringed block with grooved heads, polished and enlarged throttle body, high capacity injectors, original injectors fitted as secondary items in custom fuel rail, twin fuel pumps mounted in boot, adjustable fuel pressure regulator, reprofiled cams and valves (same size), twin chargecoolers, hybrid turbos, based on standard K04s but with larger compressor housings and roller bearings, water injection, custom stainless exhaust system with dual exits (built by Hayward & Scott in Rayleigh), remapped Motronic ECU, maximum boost pressure set to 1.6 bar with .4 bar overboost (maximum 14 secs) secondary ECU to run water injection and secondary injectors, external 20 row oil cooler, Audi 4.2 V8 radiator. Transmission: standard RS4 6 speed box with seperate 10 row oil cooler, S2 driveshafts all round, S2 5 stud hub all round. Target is 625PS and 575 - 600 lbs/ft. Hopefully ready for next Autumn.
    Wheels: 8.5"x20" ET45, with Continental 255/35ZR20 tyres.
    Brakes: Fronts are 370mm two piece discs, with Porsche / Brembo "Big Red" four pots, rears are 330mm two piece discs, with standard S4 aluminium callipers in original location operating handbrake only, while Porsche / Brembo calipers are fitted on the trailing end, operating conventional rear brakes.
    Suspension: Custom coilovers all round, with Bilstein dampers, lowered 25mm, polyurethane wishbone bushes front and rear, solid aluminium bush for rear differential support, solid aluminium engine mounts, steering arms with custom rosejoints to replace standard ball joints, rear track arms similar.
    Body: Standard 1990 Coupe quattro with fabricated widened arches built onto shell in sheet metal, front doors lower section blended into new metalwork, Sport quattro - style vented metal bonnet, Subaru Imprezza WRX front bumper, RS2 - style rear bumper, twin round headlamp conversion with VAGparts Xenon conversion, LED afterburner rear lamps, custom mirrors with repeaters fitted to a pillars, vented R/H wing, Mercedes SLK grille, deeper sills. Audi TT door handles. Colour to be decided.
    Interior: Standard RS4 dash and instruments, RS4 switches and heater controls (clima) with digital operation modified to suit standard type 89 heater controls, supplementary instrument panel by Stack, automatic dipping rear view mirror. Cobra Daytona seats, standard rears trimmed to match. Standard Audi Concert 1 with standard 6 disc changer.

jeezz that sounds pretty mad, have you got a few sneak preview pics???

martin

Comment

No pics yet, but there soon will be. Watch this space!

Comment

ha,ha

dream on ive never heard so much nonesence on 1 forum.the a4 has a high level rack the turgo,s fit underneath,no doubt you are going to relocate the turbo,s to the front,but isnt that where the radiater is,does,nt that create heat!!!tim

Comment

Hmm,

Maybe "that would be interesting to see" would be a better way to say " I would like to see you do that"

I like the manifold for sale on your business web site! very nice piece of work! Have you any photo's of your S2 you care to share? it sounds pretty interesting!

Oh by the way, your web site causes Internet explorer to crash, three times I tried to look about your site and three times it locked Internet Explorer with this error message:

Attached Files
          Martyn
          -------------------------------------

www.vagparts.com

Comment

I just figured who you are... we met at a VW do about May time, you've got the left hand drive green S2 Avant, nice set of wheels that was! have you still got it? anything else done to her since May time?
            Martyn
            -------------------------------------

www.vagparts.com

Comment

Imsatim, don't know who you are so I aint judging you, even if I did know you, I still don't think it's my place to be critical of any comment you may make, all I can say is that high level rack the A4 may have, so what? I said "conversion", not "direct replacement". Is the rack of the type 89 Coupe quattro permanently welded into place?

Comment

Imsatim, don't know who you are so I aint judging you, even if I did know you, I still don't think it's my place to be critical of any comment you may make, all I can say is that high level rack the A4 may have, so what? I said "conversion", not "direct replacement". Is the rack of the type 89 Coupe quattro permanently welded into place?

Comment

Originally posted by Vagsport
                  When are you taking off with this monster?
                  I'm very keen to see some pics.
                  RS2 Black - stock 315 HP
                  RS2 RS blau - stock 315 HP
                  Sport Quattro - 1005 HP
                  High Octane website

Comment

Yeah, let's see some pictures of your WIP.

Comment

Oops, just to clarify, that's Work In Progress, not, Wife In Pants

Comment

i am happy you decided to keep the original audi stereo. Some things are just too sacred

ps. some pics would be nice.

Comment

considering your HP targets I recommend the change
                          of the original connecting rods. TS-Tuning.net
                          http://www.ts-tuning.net/rs4cat.htm
                          can offer RS4 connecting rods made according to
                          specification and correct rod bearings / dimensions.

Comment

WOW, that will be one sick S2! Guys, don't doubt, anything is possible!

Xeretismata apo ellinas tou eksoteriko!
                            1986 911 Carrera tt
                            1990 Coupe Quattro 2.7tt
                            1980 Vw Caddy Aba (not tt)

Comment

Originally posted by Ringlord
                              WOW, that will be one sick S2! Guys, don't doubt, anything is possible!

Xeretismata apo ellinas tou eksoteriko!
                              Pou eisai re Ellina??? Se poio meros eisai? Ti odigeis?
                              Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

Working...
                              X