X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S2 trackday car...

Greets,
    new into here

Been having this S2 shell for a couple or three years now.As you can see its a ongoing project,so we really dont have a hurry here.

Having some plans on building a 2.5 engine of a kind,but how/when is not decided yet.
    Been collecting some parts over the years, so it now seems like whe finally have a complete driveline for the car.
    The roll cage is a ongoing project nowadays,hope to get this finished within this fall.
    A H&R Rennsport coilover kit is ordered,so hope to get this in a couple of weeks.

This is a slow going project between the other car projects,so dont expect any hurry in here

Some pics of the slow progress the last years

The day we brought it back to the workshop

Blasting

2k primer all over

Rollcage

Boxed in,and bolted

Last edited by S2_Rennfahr; 6 October 2010, 12:40.

nice work going on there

Comment

Comment

I like the cage, good job i'll be watching with interest.

Comment

Some more older pics...

Also had to make some room for the exhaust,and made a tunell in the firewall to get clear of the subframe.

Who needs bushings?

Comment

Yeah,got some more work to do here on the cage..

I need Top Mounts for the struts...Anyone to recommend? Some friends of mine got the Comp Brake mounts,seems like the work okey..
            Also got the sub frames painted,and the wishbones has got new Poly bushings..
            Next in order, is knife edged stabilizers

Comment

Progress...almost finished with the caging,puuh
              Need to order in some uniball joints and tube adapters, for the tie-rods on the wishbones...Any tips of where I can buy such?

Comment

Sexy

Comment

Need to buy a new steering wheel and a new longer hub before I can start welding in the steering column and the pedals.
                  Ordered top mounts yesterday,hope to get them within a 14 days..

Comment

Have now welded up some new mounts for the pedal assembly and the steering rack.
                    I got a tip that I can lengthen the pedal bars,instead of using the time of moving the pedal assembly as first thought.

Finally we got the top mounts,so next now is to drop it to the ground and weld up stress bars in front of the wishbones as the rally Sport quattro
                    Last edited by S2_Rennfahr; 29 October 2010, 23:57.

Comment

Nice wheel in the back there
                      91 S2 coupé - RIP
                      98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

rims look sweeeet! Any more info / pics on the sport quattro stress bars ?
                        Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                        Indigo ABY coupé
                        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Are you using blade drop links or blade anti roll bars? Making good progress!

Comment

Originally posted by WabTheKing View Post
                            Are you using blade drop links or blade anti roll bars? Making good progress!
                            Going to use knife edged anti-rollbars at the back w/uniball droplinks,and the original rollbar at the front.Im not sure of the droplinks at the front yet.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X