Coupe conversion, parts needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coupe conversion, parts needed

Hi all, I am in the process of building a 91 Coupe that has an AAN engine in it that spun a rod bearing and needed a new bottom end. I have the bottom end from my past S4 (see my post in the general disscusion section) so I think I'm set for engine stuff. I am trying to swap my DSY transmission into the coupe and need a set of S2 halfshafts. Anyone have a used set or know of a good place to get them? I'm also looking for a set of rear S2 hubs. Oh yea and I would like to fit the 19mm rear swaybar that I see mentioned in these forums. Where can I get one? Thanks for any help,

Elijah
    91 Audi Coupe Quattro- AAN engine transplant

The rear swaybar is made by whiteline, they are in australia. they have dealers in most countries, here's a link to their site http://www.whiteline.com.au/
    go to 'how to purchase' and select country, your in the states aren't you?
    but some people here in the uk have had to wait 6 months for it to arrive.

for your other parts you could try vagparts, they are a good bunch of guys, martynf and audi parts guru on this forum, very good prices and will ship anywhere.

HTH

martin

Comment

Originally posted by martinjs
      The rear swaybar is made by whiteline, they are in australia. they have dealers in most countries, here's a link to their site http://www.whiteline.com.au/
      go to 'how to purchase' and select country, your in the states aren't you?
      but some people here in the uk have had to wait 6 months for it to arrive.

for your other parts you could try vagparts, they are a good bunch of guys, martynf and audi parts guru on this forum, very good prices and will ship anywhere.

HTH

martin
      Thanks, for the help. This site is going to help alot. The S2 is pretty new to me so I'll have lots of questions. Are there any company's that make a big fmic kit that is somewhat bolt on, I have the RS2 FMIC and it looks way to small for the power I hope to be making.

Elijah

Comment

I have a 90 quattro 20v that i am breaking at the moment, would the ones on this be good for you?

Comment

Originally posted by spink
          I have a 90 quattro 20v that i am breaking at the moment, would the ones on this be good for you?
          I need the S2 halfshafts to make the 6 speed fit and the S2 rear five lug hubs. I don't know if your 90 20v has these but in the states it came with four lugs and a five speed.

Elijah

Comment

you need 2 righthand shafts,and you may make a spacer near the gearboxyoke to made them fit......

Comment

Originally posted by caterpillar
              you need 2 righthand shafts,and you may make a spacer near the gearboxyoke to made them fit......
              When you say I need to rights do you mean from the s2? Why not a right and a left?

Elijah

Comment

S2 Coupe 3B and S2 Coupe ABY both use the same front drive shafts. 3B models have the 5spd 01A tranny and ABY the 6spd 01E as your S4(?).
                4 bolt 7A front hubs take the S2 drive shafts as the only difference is the bolt pattern.
                7A quattros have smaller gearbox and rear diff flanges (100mm) versus S2 (108mm).
                At the rear the situation is the same with the inner flanges and therefore drive shafts.
                7A coupe FWD has the same drive shafts as S2 coupe front. Sedans have different ones as the front track is different between sedans and coupes.

Left and right drive shafts are not the same.

Need anything else?
                -

Comment

Originally posted by porkkis
                  S2 Coupe 3B and S2 Coupe ABY both use the same front drive shafts. 3B models have the 5spd 01A tranny and ABY the 6spd 01E as your S4(?).
                  4 bolt 7A front hubs take the S2 drive shafts as the only difference is the bolt pattern.
                  7A quattros have smaller gearbox and rear diff flanges (100mm) versus S2 (108mm).
                  At the rear the situation is the same with the inner flanges and therefore drive shafts.
                  7A coupe FWD has the same drive shafts as S2 coupe front. Sedans have different ones as the front track is different between sedans and coupes.

Left and right drive shafts are not the same.

Need anything else?

So, if I am using S4 5x112 front hubs then the S2 halfshafts should work with them as well as with the DSY 6 speed Right? I think I can use a 4000cs rear driveshaft. I am using S2 rear hubs so that i don't have to do anything to the rear brakes for now.

Elijah

Comment

I have no idea how S4 hubs work on a t89. If you use 7A t89 or 3B/ABY t89 hubs and S2 halfshafts, everything fits bolt-on.
                    -

Comment

Originally posted by elijahallens2
                      So, if I am using S4 5x112 front hubs then the S2 halfshafts should work with them as well as with the DSY 6 speed Right? I think I can use a 4000cs rear driveshaft. I am using S2 rear hubs so that i don't have to do anything to the rear brakes for now.

Elijah
                      Hi Elijah, I'm not sure what country you are in USA?.

IIRC the Audi A4 rear hubs may be the same as the S2 rears I don't know what year though. The only change you need to do is to swap the hubs and the rear disks.

HTH

David

Comment

I'm positive that atleast B5 A4 rear outer CV-joints are the same as in S2 (atleast coupe). Had to buy a CV-joint boot and therefore I know.
                        Don't have the data available right now to confirm the hubs. Perhaps true.

Count in the price of wheel bearings to hub conversion.
                        -

Comment

Yes, this is not going to be cheap but what is when you take a 7A coupe and turn it into a 400+hp s2 wannabe. Thanks for the tips. I have a guy in Canada that is very good with fabricating and knows Audi's well. I'm just trying to get as many bolt on parts as I can to him to save the labor of him having to fabricate it. I live in US in Michigan and bought the car from Andrew Jackson of Toronto Canada. I'm leaving it there to be put back together and then I will hope the border patrol don't give me a hard time importing it. The car also needs some body work and I am thinking of changing the color completely. Anyone have a Volcano Black pearl effect color car. Could you send pictures as well as the paint code?

Elijah

Comment

Don't worry about bringing the car into the States.

As long as it still retains it's factory mfg's plates and the numbers are the same, the boys at the border will see it as a 20V CQ. No sweat. As for first class parts for your car, VAG parts are your mana. Martyn is the man you want to ask for what you need. BTW guys is Martyn and his people still moving or are they finished? Anybody know? Need to order something from him.

Comment

A4 and S2 hubs are not the same. Dunno about the differences, tho.
                              -

Comment

Working...
                              X