No announcement yet.

Project '96 Refurb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I drllled my rack and wheel arch out to accept an M10 as i thought the M8 was a bit puny
    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
    Indigo ABY coupé
    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Originally posted by Error404 View Post
      I drllled my rack and wheel arch out to accept an M10 as i thought the M8 was a bit puny
      haha were the 2 M10s (or are they M12 even?) to the bulkhead not enough?
      1996 Audi S2 - 295bhp and 326lb/ft - Complete Rebuild Project

1994 Audi 80 - 2.0 8v (slow but reliable!)

Comment

• This is looking great will, good luck with your exams too. I have a race vehicle dynamic and control systems exam at 9 in the morning, I feel your pain. Cant wait till they are over then I can get on with my project.

Comment

• Originally posted by bikerjim View Post
          This is looking great will, good luck with your exams too. I have a race vehicle dynamic and control systems exam at 9 in the morning, I feel your pain. Cant wait till they are over then I can get on with my project.
          You're lucky!! My exam is Synoptic Engineering...practically anything from the last 3 years of uni!!! at 9am tomorro aswell...only 1 more after though and done for ever!!

Comment

• Originally posted by willg54 View Post
            You're lucky!! My exam is Synoptic Engineering...practically anything from the last 3 years of uni!!! at 9am tomorro aswell...only 1 more after though and done for ever!!
            wow, that sounds pretty mad lol. I got manufacturing and materials on wed then a stupid enterprise exam next thurs, then thats it for me. Im still looking for a placement which is frustrating too

Comment

• Originally posted by bikerjim View Post
              wow, that sounds pretty mad lol. I got manufacturing and materials on wed then a stupid enterprise exam next thurs, then thats it for me. Im still looking for a placement which is frustrating too
              its 3 hours aswell!! I dont have another exam till the 6th June so a nice break! Manufacturing was never too bad...

Placements can be hard to find, be prepared to work for nothing! I just found a friend a placement near here in a Motorsport Engine Builders so they are around, just take some finding! Good luck and keep trying!

Comment

• Yeah I had a couple of 3hr ones, they aint too bad once you get going. Materials is gona be awful, I find the wordy ones way harder than the calculations ones (bit dyslexic) (bloody hell i think i spelt it right lol)

Yeah I aint run out of options yet with placements, thanks for your words of wisdom

Comment

• Originally posted by Error404 View Post
                  did you buy any marine clean dude? that will get the head sparking...
                  What marine cleaner do you recommend? and were from?

Got a gearbox that needs a good clean, plus a load of other bits.

Will - Howd your exam go? One left for me, cant wait till its over then I can crack on with mine

Comment

• Marine Clean
                    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                    Indigo ABY coupé
                    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Exam was probably the worst exam I've ever done...not good but on to the next one!

To console myself, I went and got another exhaust cam, 10tappets and a front wing from VRS! Engine can be finished now

I never actually got any marine clean. I made do with brake cleaner and lots of scrubbing haha

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Comment

• @newsh - THANK YOU!! Cheers for the valve, if we meet one day, i owe you a pint!

@Error404 - I've got the diff bush, thanks!! Didnt realise it was already in the alloy mount

So far tonight, I've been mainly cleaning, sanding, wirebrushing and priming the engine bay! couple of layers of primer down and a some sanding, looking good! just 1 more layer, sand (wet of course ) couple of layers of paint, lacquer and rub down! one step closer!

Comment

• small update on my recent antics!

I've steam cleaned the gearbox and started painting it up

Painting of the engine bay, drivers side done, passenger side nearly done.

Painted the cross brace but ran out of paint...more on the way!!

Here are the fuel lines looking nice and pretty! (for those keen eyed...the steering rack still isnt in finally and the bulkhead seal will go in!)

Minor Tweaking is still needed

Comment

• Front wishbones and subframe due back from the power coaters monday

Need to sort
                            • Gear Linkage Gator
                            • Engine Mounts
                            • Diff Mount Limit Stops
                            • Lots of nuts and bolts...
                            • Fuel Filter Mounting
                            • Chassis Paint
                            • Polish Cam Cover
                            • Fit everything...(think this deserves more than one point haha

Simple...

Comment

• Great project.
                              Looks like your having fun which is most important.
                              Cant wait to settle back down and get another s2 to tinker with

Keep up the good work!
                              91 S2 coupé - RIP
                              98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

• That engine bay looks like it has had some hours spent on it. Fuel lines look good, careful or you will end up as OCD as Alex
                                Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
                                Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Working...
                                X