kingfisher blue s2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kingfisher blue s2

ok iv had my s2 a couple of month now so thought it was about time i started a thread it hasnt changed since i got it yet so iv just pinched the pics from the for sale thread

plans so far are

fix the rear arch as soon as i can find a place that sells good quality repair pannels

new wheels not sure what yet though

relace rear diff seals as one sides badly leaking

booked it in for a down pipe back exhaust today and hopefully i will be able to get a down pipe off a lad on here going for a full 3" system. any ideas if i need to do anything else to go with it

cheers john

Looks a nice car

How bad is the arch? a good body shop might be able to sort the one you have. Otherwise Will at VRS might have some good ones. I got a good front wing for £25 off him.

has it had anything suspension wise done to it? might be worth polybushing if you're that way inclined...then down the road of koni dampers, uprated arbs, brake upgrades...depends how deep your pockets are!
    1996 Audi S2 - 295bhp and 326lb/ft - Complete Rebuild Project

1994 Audi 80 - 2.0 8v (slow but reliable!)

Comment

That's Jason's (jas11n) brothers old car isnt it ?
      I thought this car was more or less 'sorted' ie polybushed, bodywork etc !
      Whats the story on the rear arch then ?

Nice S2
      For what this cost me so far I could have bought an S2

Comment

john if your panel isn't to bad I know a guy that has sorted mine out and if you ask a few guys on here my bodywork is to a pretty high standard!!

Comment

Yer that's the car think iv just been unlucky the arch is pretty rotten so rather get a arch welded in or maybes lead soildered at a push

The cars cany just has a few faults but all in all in good for its age don't think its been polybushed but has Porsche calipers n white line anti roll bar gona do the diff seals n mounts next week n getting a exhaust done as soon as I sort the down pipe aas did my last system n it was spot on but got give this other lad a shot as its a fair bit cheaper. Fingers crossed it pays off

Comment

alright most of the mechanical parts are sorted or ready to be on my s2 now
            cv joint done
            oil and fuel filters done
            rear diff mounts and seal going to be done this weekend
            exhaust ready to be made just waiting on the down pipe then we will get started on the system

so now the car is pretty much ready to be played with at the minute its a aby with 112000 miles on its standard except a 285hp map and the 3" turbo back system thats about to be fitted. what would be the next best mod in you guys opinions

(breaks n suspension are already sorted)

im eventualy looking for around 400hp mark if that makes a difference

cheers john

Comment

next step will be to get on the Rs2 spec bandwagon

search the forum for more info.
              [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]/SIGPIC]92 3B pearl white=gone back home to Germany,probably in bits and pieces

RS2 VOLCANO BLACK] soon to be broken to bits

Comment

A K26/7 hybrid turbo, 440 injectors, RS2 or better exhaust manifold, 044 fuel pump and a GOOD remap should see you too 400BHP safely. An RS2 or better inter-cooler is also a good idea at that sort of level and all boost pipes need to be in tip top condition. Or there is the RS2 turbo route that will see you too a little shy of 400, with marginally quicker spool up.

All that comes to quite a bit but it's not really worth doing any of the essential mods by themselves, so if your on a budget maybe just sort out a better inter-cooler and either new OE or silicone boost pipes in preparation for more power.
                1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
                1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
                1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
                1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

would the hybrid allow me to run the stock airbox as id like to keep it as oem as possible also how readily available are remap as im guessing it aint as straight forward as more modern vag cars

ill look into sorting the intercooler and boost pipes for now then before collecting other bits

if i go for bigger injectors can the fuel computer be reset to read correct as on my mk3 golf the mpg computer went crazy with bigger injectors

cheers john

Comment

The K26/7 hybrids that Hoffer can supply fit with standard air-box, oil/water lines and boost pipes, they are literally bolt on.

As for mapping, the Motronic ECU is actually very advanced given how old it is now and there a few options regarding software.

Dimiri (Prj on here) and MRC both offer real time mapping to a high standard, Hoffer (again on here) can help with very good maps and advice regarding the hybrid turbo's he supplies. There's also Paul Nugent (S2Central no here), he's been writing generic maps for the S2 for some time now, I suspect he wrote the chips that are in your car at the moment. So there's a few choices when it comes to mapping.

I don't think fitting larger injectors would course the MPG computer reading to be inaccurate.

Before doing any mods it would be a good idea to get someone local to check the fault codes on Vagcom, if your computer savy then it's worth getting the proper software for your own lap top and learning to use it. All ways make sure all is well with the engine before upgrading stuff, it will save you time in the long run.
                    1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
                    1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
                    1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
                    1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Looking forward to seeing it and hearing John give me a shout and il pop over!

Comment

Originally posted by jchn_smith View Post
                        would the hybrid allow me to run the stock airbox as id like to keep it as oem as possible also how readily available are remap as im guessing it aint as straight forward as more modern vag cars
                        Custom map is best idea. Whether I do it or MRC, does not really matter. Just get the best for your car.
                        if i go for bigger injectors can the fuel computer be reset to read correct as on my mk3 golf the mpg computer went crazy with bigger injectors
                        I haven't found how to yet.
                        As I was led to believe Mihnea at MRC does not do that either (but I might be wrong!)
                        Just something that is on the TO-DO list for me...
                        http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

Exhaust is all done and i love it will get some pics on Monday I went for a down pipe of hoffer with a flex then 200cell magnaflow sports cat to a 3" system right to the back was mega tight over the axle but the lad that done it did a great job and managed to get it through without making it rattle or anything

Comment

Originally posted by prj View Post
                            I haven't found how to yet.
                            Disregard that, I have.
                            But does not work on injectors much bigger than 450cc. Even if maxed.
                            http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

ah cool im only after the 400 ish mark so they should be big enough? how would i go about getting a mapp done off you cheers john

Comment

Working...
                              X