RS2 ADU Engine Rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RS2 ADU Engine Rebuild

DISCLAIMER: I'm a petrolhead not mechanic!

I'm putting together a spreadsheet of the bits I need to rebuild my RS2's engine next year. Assuming I may eventually want 450BHP+...

First: What DOESN'T need changing? I'm guessing the head and block are fine and the crank can come off the list?

Second: What needs to go ON the list?

Third: If anyone who has been through this process can supply part numbers and prices that will speed things up immensly...

The spreadsheet is attached as a zip file to a message further down the thread... (I'm deleting old attachments to avoid confusion so there should only be one).
    Last edited by Chasman; 1 November 2004, 16:40.
    Cheers,
    Chasman
    1994 RS2 in RS Blue Pearlescent

I see you haven't included Arrow rods as a choice, these are very good and available off the shelf in England (Arrow 129) at around £800 for a set of five.

Good luck,

Mark
    Mark - Modded

Comment

Intake Manifold DahlBack - 1583EUR
      Mihnea Fuel Injectors - XXXEUR ?
      Sachs Clutch - XXXEUR ?
      Proper Remap - 700EUR
      Martins IC - 300EUR
      Vadim.

New engine (mechanical PKM head) , Alcon 332mm brakes , Pauter rods , Mahle pistons, GT30R , kw v2 sucpension , new exhaust. 608HP. For SALE !

Comment

Cheers Mark. Do you have a URL for their web site?

Originally posted by Mark Halligan
        I see you haven't included Arrow rods as a choice, these are very good and available off the shelf in England (Arrow 129) at around £800 for a set of five.

Good luck,

Mark
        Cheers,
        Chasman

Comment

Originally posted by Chasman
          Cheers Mark. Do you have a URL for their web site?

Here you go http://www.arrowprecision.co.uk/
          Mark - Modded

Comment

Exhaust should be a custom one made from 3", you wont get an 'off the shelf' exhaust that will be good enough.

Pistons arent really needed, you can skim the original ones to lower CR.

Cams either stick with the RS2 ones or get some 7A cams

Dont forget things like speedflow hoses and lots of Samco stylee hoses, this little lot would possibly cost upto about 450 quid!!!! It all mounts up.

The other thing is labour costs to include, if you wont be doing the work then you will need to pay someone to do it. And doing a full rebuild isnt exactly a five minute job.

As an estimate I would say off the top of my head, it would be about 40 hours to strip rebuild etc etc etc
            sigpic
            Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
            Audi UR Quattro
            Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
            Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
            Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Tom - pistons might well have to be custom - especially if there are any bore wear or scoring.
              S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

that text file is not very good - I don't undersatand the columns an dprices besdie some things - can you not post the excel file?

Comment

I'd go SFS for hoses ;-)
                  My Miltek 3" catback is about as good as you can get off the shelf...will be for sale early next year too Chas!
                  Machining services can add up depending how much work is required on the head and block. Then again, could be peanuts...no way of telling until everything is assessed on stripdown.
                  1995 S2 Avant with some upgrades

Designun Limited....
                  Aerospace, Space and Motorsport Design Consultancy and hardware supply.

Comment

I didnt realise the miltek system was 3". My apologies. That would be ok.

Machining work could be upto about 600 quid. Forgot about that when i did mine, doh
                    sigpic
                    Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
                    Audi UR Quattro
                    Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

TH emiltek for the coupe is 3" for a short section but quickly goes to a 2.75 or maybe 2.5" - there are some posts elsewhere on it - might be differnet on the avant though

Comment

Mine is 3" right through, others aren't

Designun Limited....

Comment

Mine was done some time ago to improve on the RS2 system they had previously done. They tried three systems on my car and had it for a week to get it right. Excellent setup.

Designun Limited....

Comment

Try Clutchnet.com for a mental clutch. Im in contact with them now about a special clutch for the 3B flywheel, I can also make noise about RS2/ABY clutches if anyone is interested
                            sigpic
                            Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
                            Audi UR Quattro
                            Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Doug, the upload function does not allow .XLS files... I could change the extension to one of the allowable ones but this is likely to cause further confusion... if someone can persuade the moderators to allow .XLS files it's a far better format because the layout is better, the YES/NO flags work, the URLs in the latest version will work properly, the currency conversion stuff I've added will work... I could go on... if you PM me your email address I'll happily send it direct... we can kick it back and forth between us and post an update later.

Originally posted by Doug_RS2
                              that text file is not very good - I don't undersatand the columns an dprices besdie some things - can you not post the excel file?
                              Cheers,
                              Chasman

Comment

Working...
                              X