the BEST day ever drag racing (for me anyways). 9.34 @ 153

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the BEST day ever drag racing (for me anyways). 9.34 @ 153

it started out nice and cool, overcast. i could tell it was going to be a good day, for Karma did me a solid first thing in the morning. i go to the same little gas station/store by my house for ice every time i race. its $2.49 a 25lb bag, i bring in the wheeled cooler and get 4 bags usually. the lady, who knows me for my frequent visits to the store in the AM, tells me to just go in the back room and fill the cooler up straight out of the machine. no charge she says. cool. i still get a couple big bags for the other cooler anyhow. and then drive up to Portland International Raceway.

the event was the Rose City Bug-In, an Aircooled show, put on by the Rose City Volksters. the line, was horrible just to get in. it was over a mile long just to enter the venue..... but it always is and i was there plenty early. i had to go to the end of the road just to turn around to get in line, its a two lane road, see. lost 6 spots in line from that maneuver.

finally i get in, and get parked and start setting up the pit area. i will have Joey and a couple other cars with us if they show up. and i have some of the other water cooled racers pit on my sides, Bernd Arndt pitted left and Ricky Racer on the right with his aircooled. and a Halsey drag rabbit further up on the right.

it was a great day, all the kids played well together, and my trailer was their playground.

i made a total of 6 passes, and every one of them was a full pull and full success. i had Ralph and Jerry there to take pix of the car, and i cant wait to see some of the shots they took. Ralph did the pic of the two step shooting fire that won me the V-box contest last year. i used that V-box yesterday, and got some information from it that was pretty neat.

0-60 is 2.3 seconds.
    60-100 is 2.3 seconds.
    60-130 was 4.9 seconds. a Veyron SS does this in 5.2 seconds for comparison, with 1200hp
    and the car hit 1.6 G's on acceleration!!

and all 6 passes were 151mph and up, too. one at 151, 2 @ 152, 3 @ 153

made the first hit be the one to bump Hollywood, and it got better after that. made 3 qualifying passes, then i won the first two rounds by default. the other guy red-lit before i did, so i win auto. then it is Bernd and i in the semi's. and i have been running the left all day for video and picture access. he takes the left lane, which is fine by me. Bernd is a great guy, an excellent racer, and i was nervous and choked. bogged off the line with a 1.86 60' but still ran 10.41 @ 151. the thing i dont understand is that i had 81 mph at the 1/8th and 151 at the 1/4!!! Bernd got knocked in the finals by the Ghia.

i have all 6 runs here, and the 9.34 pass is my best ever, backed up with a 9.36.

and the car is running super consistent and doing excellent! the Kevin Black ++++ button work was amazing.

i forgot to add, being the fastest water cooled car racing netted me the bounty put out by Halsey Imports, and consisted of 5 Silver Lady's. silver dollars made of pure silver. SWEET!!!!! i won some LOOT!!!!

9.459 @ 153.76......1.456 60'.......6.201 @ 117.32 1/8th..... .024 RT
    9.525 @ 152.74......1.531 60'.......6.254 @ 117.32 1/8th..... .014 RT HOLY ***** i cut a light!!!
    9.997 @ 152.77......1.677 60'.......6.711 @ 116.24 1/8th..... -.006 RT

then it was the eliminations.

9.342 @ 153.71......1.400 60'.......6.097 @ 118.73 1/8th..... -.125 RT WIN
    9.368 @ 153.84......1.435 60'.......6.127 @ 118.68 1/8th..... -.003 RT WIN
    10.415@ 151.54.....1.863 60'.......7.104 @ 81.87 1/8th..... -.319 RT LOST WTF is up with the 1/8 to 1/4 mph?

anyhow, it was a blast, had fun hangin with friends and having my mst successful day at the track EVER!

i am working on videos, and Jon (zerb) will work on an intro and such. here is just a teaser though. the Bug, he red-lighted and knew he lost so he gave up.

Last edited by speeding-g60; 30 July 2012, 17:10.

Originally posted by speeding-g60 View Post
    0-60 is 2.3 seconds.
    60-100 is 2.3 seconds.
    60-130 was 4.9 seconds. a Veyron SS does this in 5.2 seconds for comparison, with 1200hp
    and the car hit 1.6 G's on acceleration!!

Those are some damn impressive times!

Looks like you had fun
    S2Forum.com Administrator

Comment

Awesome!

Anyway,have you tried to push your car with the right engine? I mean,one of our olds 5 pot turbo engines. More weight yes that's not good but the sound and noise it's fantastic
      RED Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 16 of 250
      BLACK Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 189 of 250
      LWB Audi Sport Quattro project

Comment

Always a pleasure reading posts by you, Very impressive times and look forward to seeing what you do next

Comment

Well done budy
          Chef

Comment

Comment

That is one fast quattro four pot!
              Volcano ABY coupe

Ant

Comment

Check out this 4-cyl audi - it's pretty fast too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mywWchKK2g
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpImZUh1i5E
                http://www.zatzy.com/projekt/327545-...i-a4-imsa.html
                1993 AAN UrS4 Sedan

Comment

yes. that is the car that WAS the quickest/fastest.... i know of it very well....

Comment

congrats!

Comment

Working...
                    X