Easter Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easter Project

Hello guys, I want to introduce my easter (2013) project which was done in Croatia - I also want to thank my Friend Igor (RS200) - he was the one, who made 80% of the job, and also his hospitality was awesome.

This project was planned 2 months before, because everything needs to be prepared well, as we have only easter time to do it ( 4 days ).

At the start we have my audi coupe quattro with 10V engine (NG) and Igors audi 200 (3B/AAN). Week before Easter Igor got out the engine from his car and prepared new flywheel, clutch disc, and everything what we need to fit it in my car.

We arrived to Igors place on Thursday 2am. I thought we will go to sleep soon, but we were speaking till 6am and then went to sleep for 2 hours. Then we came to Pales workshop, where we started the project.

Igor - has a plan how to do it in 4 days, he was like magician and movie director in one person His plan was :
    1. day - take the engine out, interior out and put new engine.
    2. day - connect everything around engine, put frontend, do the exhaust
    3. day - crank the engine and make the wiring working
    4. day - put interior back

As he told, we did.

I want to thank to Igor, his wife Tina, their family, and Honza (who came with me) for realising my project - dream

The car is now running without intercooler, as there is no place for it. I hope I will get S2 bumper, crossbar and intercooler during this month.

There are also small issues - like the board computer is not working. It counts average speed and time which I drove, but no consumption - does the dashboard needs to be replaced for S2, or its only issue of bad wiring ?

Few pictures of the Project :

1. day.

The Engine :

2. day

What a mess....

3. day with electric magician

4. day

5. day - test drive - 700km back home

Many thanks to everybody who helped me with this project - and I know, I will continue, .. brakes and suspension is 2 things I really need - and in the future ? maybe 350 hp +

Greetings Radek
    (sorry for bad english)

Is it just me or does it look like the rear half of the car is missing in picture 2 lol

Comment

Radek your are always welcome to my place because so nice people like you was ,is very hard to find. we all (my family) was with you in our mind when you went home. so much impression you leave here it is remarkable.
      I hope that you will be satisfied with engine, and I wish you many miles with it. if something will be wrong , I will always be here to help you.
      my biggest wish is that you be happy and see my ex engine running in your car for many years.

this project in 4 days was on the edge of what human can handle with. there was so little time to fix everithing, test drive of 700km is not easy.
      4 days of stress , I will never ever repeat something like that. this was ultimate test for all of us, but we made it, and we must be proud for work we done.

I was so angry to my self because work could not be done perfect. this IC and BC are still in my mind , but I know that you will fix it.
      we all know that s2 is newer ending story, but you have the engine witch is almost new and this is reason why to go further and done it perfect like it have to be.
      be good and we are all expecting your project go on.
      AHOJ !!!!

Comment

Nice work, sounds like a bit of an epic 4 day workout!
        Cheers'en, AndyC
        1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Good work gyus.Sounds like 4 days fun Tesa,where do you live?MB, is that Mlada Boleslav?Do you have your engine written in car papers? Probably not, right?
          Last edited by Tom_; 7 April 2013, 20:50.
          Audi Coupe Quattro 2.3 20V

Comment

Looks like an easter well spent!! Good turnaround getting it all out and back in that time too
            Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

That's an epic amount of work over 4 days . Great job .
              Eric

95 S2 Avant under rebuild.

Comment

- this was really huge amount of work, and belive my body ache me till this time

Tom -> Yes from Mlada Boleslav. I dont have any engine type in car documents - somebody did a mistake, and didnt wrote engine number, even engine code.. So lets say, its legal, because if anybody asks me - the engine is in the car from the beginning..

Comment

Originally posted by Tesa View Post
                  Thinking of moving the battery out of the engine bay too. This solution is really the simplest, but I'm a little bit worried about possible troubles, if someone hits the car's back.

Comment

- this was really huge amount of work, and belive my body ache me till this time

Tom -> Yes from Mlada Boleslav. I dont have any engine type in car documents - somebody did a mistake, and didnt wrote engine number, even engine code.. So lets say, its legal, because if anybody asks me - the engine is in the car from the beginning..
                    Any problems at MOT?Problem can happened,when u hit or be hitten with a car.I am thinking to change engine too,but i want have my car legally,so i decided to turbocharged 7A engine...
                    Audi Coupe Quattro 2.3 20V

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_ View Post
                      Any problems at MOT?Problem can happened,when u hit or be hitten with a car.I am thinking to change engine too,but i want have my car legally,so i decided to turbocharged 7A engine...
                      Its the same like you are driving on 17 inch wheels which you dont have in car documents. Any modification which is not in car documents is prohibited here in Czech Republic. And as I said, I dont have any engine type written in them, somebody f*cked it up, when did this...

Comment

Its the same like you are driving on 17 inch wheels which you dont have in car documents. Any modification which is not in car documents is prohibited here in Czech Republic. And as I said, I dont have any engine type written in them, somebody f*cked it up, when did this...
                        you are in best position that anyone can imagine. it is goverment mistake. this is not your problem.

I also tought about battery position. if somebody hit you at back of car, batery will be destroyed and it will not have 12v any more . only acid from it could cause some dirty job.
                        maybe it will be better to replace it. don't know where but..

Comment

Nice work in such short time!
                          I was thinking about the battery position too. I used to have mine in the same place, but the thought of a rear shunt pressing the battery forward into the fuel tank made me move it.

Rear right side is best weight distribution wise.
                          If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.

-CQ 3b "S2".

Comment

Working...
                          X