No announcement yet.

Teg's S2 coupe rolling project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now that looks a very nice Coupe sits very comfortable on your suspension set up

Comment

Thanks, however that photo is still on standard suspension, and that would have been full throttle in second so the back is very much compressed. It sits much higher than that normally.

Comment

This weekend got all the suspension stripped down read for powdercoating. Came apart quite well considering the car is 24 years old.

Also discovered the reasons for the occasional knocking noise from the rear diff, one of the mounts we completely split.

There are a couple of bits on the wishbones that I don't want powdercoated as will make it difficult to pit it back together, Is there anything I can do to make it so these bits are not coated, or is it a case of filing it off before putting it back on the car?

Comment

Yesterday I picked up the subframes and wishbones from the powder coaters.

As the weather was so good I made a start on putting the car back together yesterday evening.

Got the front subframe and wishbones all back together. If I get time tonight will start on the back.

Some photos for you.

Comment

The powdercoated parts look great!
            Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
            Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Thanks, yes they did a good job.

It's all going back together really well. Got the rear reassembled today. Just waiting on the coilovers now, then can get it back on the ground.

Comment

Fine work. Good to see the coupe getting a bit of love. Deffo went to the right person. Good luck with it all.

Comment

Thanks @cottis. Yes its getting well loved.

Comment

A late update,

Its been back on the road about two weeks now. Here is a rubbish iphone picture of how it sits

The handling is so much better, the steering is much more direct.

I have not had a chance to play with the settings on the coilovers, currently its just on KW's recommended bump and rebound settings. So will have a play around with those to improve the handling.

Comment

Long awaited update

Been meaning to update the build thread. Not a lot more has happened but the work I set out to do on the car is now all done and it running great.

Also fitted new wheels. Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2's ET33. Wrapped in Yoko ADO8R's.

All parts come from my business RENNTAG.co.uk, so check us out if your after any parts.

Some pictures for you;

Comment

Comment

That colour is really nice, you just need some elipsoid headlamps in my opinion. If you need a pair pm me I have a decent set!

Keep them coming.

Comment

Looks great on those wheels

Comment

Wheels look ace, are they 17s? I love AP brakes.
                              94-S2 Coupe ABY
                              00-B5 RS4

Comment

Yes 17 x8 all round.

The AP's are really good. First set of brakes I have ever had that have not suffered with heat fade. Maybe I have just not pushed it hard enough yet 😛.

But they are really good.

Comment

Working...
                                X