audi rs2 3x7m garage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
    Great project. The previous owner should be shot for treating an RS2 like that
    Good that it is in the right hands now

well it was cheap and i think i saved it from beiing broken so im kind of glad to bring it back to the point what she deserves.. and not in the scrapyard

Comment

i fought that i didnt forget anything in planing but driving back home from Jorgs place i just fought how the hell i gonna upload the engine...
      so was driving with the engine for a few days back in my daily drive..
      anyhow 4 days later i was back at the rs2 and the owner of the whole facility was driving around whit forklifter and was happy to help..
      so droped the engine and wanted to change the push out bearing for the clutch and pack the engine back in his place.. i have a spare rs2 gearbox and wanted so sort the drivetrain later as i didnt want to take it apart..
      so cleaned the gearbox a big and took the fork out and noticed something unusual and just touched it with my finger.. see pictures what happens when i do the magic finger trick..
      so a few days later i got my motivation back and took the drivetrain apart..
      so found the usual stuff that im used to see all.. packed the stuff up and shiped the all parts for sandblasting, powdercoating the gearbox and the propshaft are going to be reasebled and going to assemble it when i get it back..
      this is the actual state of the rs2 that it has now..
      so the project will be going slowly as i dont have any plant about the brakes,turbos, piping or other components that will be needed for the project..
      i hope i will get some help sorting my problem as moast of you went the path before me so bare my stupid questions

my propshaft is also in GOOD condition..

so now the whole suspension is gone and i started to clean the underside of the rs2..

Comment

Man that engine was filthy inside

Comment

Originally posted by quattrostyle View Post
          Man that engine was filthy inside
          oil change?? nah next time
          well i have never seen an engine on forum in worse condition than mine.. so it makes me kind of special

Comment

I have had an 1.8 20V cabriolet and that was bad as well but not as bad as yours, maintenance is overrated... I could clearly see the metal in the cambelt between the teeth, it had not been changed since new (1998 - 2008)

Comment

I sold him this bad,bad,bad treated car..

I owned it for a couple of months,bought it because the price was right and cause i couldnt find a nice blue one..
              'Mr perfect ' blue became available,bye bye polar silber...

Ricardas....

Thank you for not killing me or burning my house to the ground.
              Thank you for not killing my cats....
              And thank you for not wiping my entire street from the planet earth...

You got it cheap,but i never ever thought there where so many things wrong with it..
              Every time i opened whatsapp to watch the horror you found out,i felt more and more sorry for you.

I hope the pile of parts you bought from me later on gave you a nice profit
              You are a nice guy,and i hope you drive the sh*t out of the car in the near future.

Keep up the good work!

Comment

Hehe don't worry I knew that it wasn't running right and had some other issues.. You couldn't overlook them.. But he'll it was the cheapest and the nearest one to my place.. Looked at few coupes and they ware not better but had some serious issues with the chassis or the owners ware kind of strange .. And now I can do the things just the way I like it and by doing many things myself I don't spend a lot of money... And the things I got from you made had a share in restoring the engine.. So don't worry about the cats or the house.. Keep a track on this thread as there are not mutch left to replace.. [emoji38] [emoji106]

Comment

That a great project! All will be new?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice car , I never seen that much oil sludge in a RS2 before

Please keep the pictures coming.

Jim
                    Jim Hunter
                    ------------
                    1972 911S (sold)
                    1987 930 RUF BTR (sold)

Comment

Thank you for rescuing this wonderful car! It isn't as bad off as some others I've seen, and the body looks pretty straight.

Will be a wonderful car when it is done!

Comment

just wondering how many km this RS2 was running without oil change .....
                        to compare:

Comment

small update
                          propshaft is shot.. needs everything new.. and was basted and awaiting for balancing assebly and paint..
                          gearbox: the 2 synchros and main bearing is shot..

not that i was expecting something in proper state but that is mutch..

anyone intrested in fully restored rs2 ??

Comment

Comment

things are moving kind of slow but i dont mind it as the process is more importand to me then driving it.. Propshaft is rebalanced, powdercoated and with all new parts..
                              suspension blasted and powdercoated just waiting for some parts to be galvanised
                              and in the mean time its cleaning time for the underbody.. i hate when working on the body dirt gets in my eyes..

Comment

Thanks for sharing, hard work, but well worth it, you'll have a classic when you're finished.

Last edited by macspring; 19 May 2016, 11:27.

Comment

Working...
                                X