No announcement yet.

Project fast S2 to faster S2 - Australian Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok, I have to admit I am being lazy as I am sure it is on the site somewhere... I am looking for the specs (hole diameter / depth) to do the 7a valve cover for the coil on plugs... did you have the specs? Thanks!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    1991 S2
    2003 RS6

Comment

• Originally posted by fbatwork View Post
      Ok, I have to admit I am being lazy as I am sure it is on the site somewhere... I am looking for the specs (hole diameter / depth) to do the 7a valve cover for the coil on plugs... did you have the specs? Thanks!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
      To be honest i cannot remember. I am thinking it was around 30 or 31mm for some reason.
      But my tuner just calipered the rubber trim on the coil pack and undersized it about 1 or 2mm and tapered it down so he wasnt taking too much meat off from the cover
      Current:
      1993 Audi S2 Kingfisher Blue - GTX3582r w/ E85 = 430kw atw

Past:
      2002 Audi S4 Nogaro Blue Stage 3+ - 250kw+ atw
      2001 Audi S3 Silver - 169kw+ atw

Comment

• I'll take a look back at my CNC program for it. You have to be careful not to go too deep or it will severely weaken the cover.
        Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
        Indigo ABY coupé
        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Originally posted by Error404 View Post
          I'll take a look back at my CNC program for it. You have to be careful not to go too deep or it will severely weaken the cover.
          Thanks guys.
          1991 S2
          2003 RS6

Comment

• I think it was 28/9mm wide can’t remember how deep down as error said you need to be extra careful.

Comment

• Thanks for the advice everyone!!
              1991 S2
              2003 RS6

Comment

• bore 29mm - 20 mm depth

Comment

• Strutbar
                  Audi S6 C4 2.2T Quattro 1997, full rebuild....
                  Audi A5 Sportback V6 2.7 TDI 2011
                  Volkswagen Phaeton V6 3.0 TDI 2009

Comment

• More progress pics.
                    Car respray is complete.
                    Back to the tuner next week for finishing engine bay and re tune.

Current:

Past:

Comment

• Car looks amazing!! Looking forward to tuning results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                      1991 S2
                      2003 RS6

Comment

• That paint and those wheels. Looking top-notch!
                        1990 2.2 20VT Audi Coupe Quattro
                        *Hx35/k26, MaxxECU, Wagner EM/IC *RS2 Recaro *4pot-Brembo *3" turboback *Treser *Koni/H&R
                        1990 Audi 200 20v Avant 2.2 20VT *7 Seater *Full electric gizmos

Comment

• Updates few and far between.
                          Been busy with work, holiday and not pushing my tuner along.

Went with a larger 1.01 ar rear housing because the turbo was choking a bit at 38psi. Will run 40+ now.
                          Reclocked the cams a bit to help with the boost onset

Engine bay almost done. Just getting a custom shroud built for radiator and then all painted satin black to match the rest of the engine bay.

Electric power steering pump is installed as with the vacuum brake conversion.
                          Wiring on firewall getting removed or neatened (is that a word??).
                          New custom catch can being made and partially hidden in the guard next to radiator where the old power steering fluid bottle was
                          Black braided lines to everything.
                          Water meth tank and pump fitted in boot (no pics as as car was up on hoist)

Its finally getting there.
                          Current:

Past:

Comment

• It is nice to see your passion and commitment coming together. The car is looking so good although I do have a soft spot for kingfisher blue yours is looking lovely. Thanks for the update. Regards Lynn

Comment

• Originally posted by momento1 View Post
                              Over due update

Currently the car is back in the shop having all unnecessary wiring hoses etc being removed. Simplifying and cleaning up the engine bay, ad also trying to eliminate any points of boost leaks and potential failures for occuring in future.
                              Relocated intake temp sensor and installing water meth setup as we were seeing intake temps as high as 55 degrees on high boost. Hopefully bring that down 20degrees min and gain a few more ponies on same boost.

All rubber hose lines and boost lines being changed to solid pipes or braided. Also deleted all boost points off the intake and fitting a plazmaman boost manifold, to feed all the accessories(ie ecu, fuel reg, eboost, bov etc), and just a single -6am fitting off the intake

I have deleted the brake bomb and hydraulic brake and steering pump. Going to vacuum brake booster and electric steering pump. One less belt driven accessory off the crank and more room in the front

Installed aftermarket idle stepper valve as the factory one is prone to failing and cant handle high boost. Solid line tapped into manifold

Installing old school style 7a cam cover (photo below is not my car but thats the look im going for)

I will then have the turbo housing, cam cover, intake manifold, all hard boost pipes, oil catch can/breather and radiator sent away to be all colour coded. Going for a satin black theme engine bay.
                              Also waiting on a carbon strut brace

It will look really tidy once complete. [emoji16]

And if all that wasnt enough, straight after the engine bay is done i am finally fitting the RS2 front bar and respraying the entire car back to showroom condition.
                              Ive purchased new lower door trims as the old ones had deteriorated, and i will be colour coding the lower door sills under the rubber trims.

Im getting the car all ready for Race Revolutions in October in Gunnedah. 1/2 mile sprint.
                              Hi Bro,

can you tell me where to buy all of these above?
                              Last edited by Rainman; 21 October 2019, 13:49.
                              Audi S2 Avant Ruby Red

Comment

• Originally posted by Rainman View Post

Hi Bro,

can you tell me where to buy all of these above?
                                All the parts?
                                Which in particular?

Vacuum brake conversion was from Ultra Performance (Error404 on this forum)

Electric power steering pump i sourced locally off a nissan patrol

Valve cover i bought off a user on this forum

Braided lines i sourced locally

Turbo rear housing and water meth kit also sourced locally

Anything i missed?
                                Current:

Past:

Comment

Working...
                                X