My Coupe: 7A to ABY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Coupe: 7A to ABY

It almost went completely bad, and now the motor is in..

I have to admit, there is certainly some awesome about maintaining your patients.

This car has been such a challenge from day one and yet I enjoy it.

Cheers
    Josh

P.S.
    I'll comment more as the time goes on.. Some more pictures on the way..
    I chose not to choose life: I chose something else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who need reasons when you've got quattro?

Stupid picture is still large..

I will be fixing this!
    I chose not to choose life: I chose something else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who need reasons when you've got quattro?

Comment

Looks like after few hours of work you'll be ready to turn the key!
      -

Comment

Picture is definitely TOO large! Takes absolutely AGES to load!

Comment

What is that radiator you have? Never seen one of those before. Is that an original VAG-part? You have the partnumber for it?

Thanks!
          /NEO - I have a sexual thing for big brakes.
          www.irry.com | Irry got a face lift!
          #nordicaudi @ irc.nordicaudi.com

Comment

I'll look into but I am priety postive it's original vag. Brand new too.

Comment

It's just a bit smaller version that was used with the n/a engines.
              -

Comment

It's an auxillary radiator, factory part with the 7A instalation. Some folks claim they can run with out it.
                Looks good Josh, now get back to wiring!

See how easy you guys have it? Us Yanks have to build our own S2's. Major PIA!!!
                Dave K.
                USA
                1991 e//S2 (home built S2 - the only way to get one in USA!)
                2001 S4

Comment

Yep, It's useless unless you live in very warm conditions. Only mistake you can do is to connect the two hoses when removing the aux rad. They need to be blocked.

And you can always try to block the hoses and go for a test drive keeping your eyes on the temp gauge.

ps. I'll show you what's PIA when she's fininshed
                  -

Comment

Originally posted by porkkis
                    Yep, It's useless unless you live in very warm conditions. Only mistake you can do is to connect the two hoses when removing the aux rad. They need to be blocked.
                    Why is it a mistake? I'm assuming the aux radiator isn't in the main flow of coolant so it is more effective to block them?
                    S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

The aux rad is parallel to the main rad. So connecting aux rad hoses would let hot coolant to pass the main rad! So blocking is the right solution.
                      -

Comment

Oopsops: I'd better have a word with the bloke I sold my old Coupe to.

I by-passed the aux rad by connectiing the two ends together
                        91 Modded 3B
                        14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

Small update:

I been sick lately... actually I have to get some blood work they think I might have Mono. Which has put a serious damper on things getting done. Having a serious lack of energy sucks. Especially when your in the construction business and taking time out of work is not an option.

It's also been very cold around here. We just got a "northeaster" which is basically a mini blizzard.

18+inches of snow etc.

I have a propane heater but it not producing the necessary heat to keep me going. So I just went out and bought a 100,000 btu propane force air heater. This particular heater is consider small but will do the trick and runs on a 40 pound tank. It produces at least 13 hours of heat. It will heat 2400 square feet.

The ones we use at work use kerosene and can heat up to 5,000 sq feet. I've seen portable kerosene heaters which can handle 48,000 sq feet.

Kerosene after a while will cause your eyes to get irritated so I don't recomend them.

Soon enough the coupe will be road worthy.

Cheers
                          Josh

Comment

You're the third person that I know of in the past week that might have Mono, must be strong this year like the flu.

Hope you don't have it!

Just when you are about to get your project finish.....mine is starting. Pulling the engine in less than 15 days!! whoooowhoooo
                            Darin
                            1989 Audi 80tq

Comment

Working...
                            X