My Rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Rebuild

At present my S2 is in bits and I do mean bits So if ever you wondered how your electric windows work or your ignition this possibly has some thing to do with it
    Last edited by B16 UGG; 2 August 2007, 22:15.

What the F#*k!!!
    :confused:

Thats what I call complicated.
    Good Luck
    Dave

'93 ABY coupe

Comment

Looks like a LEGO constructor.
      Vadim.

New engine (mechanical PKM head) , Alcon 332mm brakes , Pauter rods , Mahle pistons, GT30R , kw v2 sucpension , new exhaust. 608HP. For SALE !

Comment

I've had my dash out 4 seperate occasions, the dash harness, the engine harness, just about everything.

I could almost say I have it all memorized by now.

My coupe is left hand side drive, but if you have any questions I probably can help.

Cheers
        Josh
        I chose not to choose life: I chose something else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who need reasons when you've got quattro?

Comment

OH MY F@@ng good lord.... where do you start with that?? hope you got a good memory how that came apart, that is scary!
          Martyn
          -------------------------------------

www.vagparts.com

Comment

Hope the pliers are not being used to bridge any relays
            Corey
            01636 822288

Comment

Mine is worse, there is NO wiring whatsoever in my coupe q right now, apart from the ABS coaxials.

Comment

F**k me!!!

Me thinks that there are some folk in here who need to seek some top class psychiatric help

Why oh why would anyone willingly wanna put them selves through this kinda stuff

Oh well, just one more thing to say... good luck dude; Looks like you defo gona need it

PS Why are you doing this???

Comment

The reason is simple. When I bought my dream car I did what I thought was all the right things reputable looking garage HPI check and a fairly long test drive with a good looking at afterwards .All was well the only thing that was wrong was a hissing from the fuel cap locking solonoid so one fateful day i decided to strip out the boot lining to repair the hiss only to find an abortion of a repair job on the drivers rear quarter with welding that looked like birds s...t and a 5mm gap at the top where the two panels meet to form the wheel arch .After I landed back on earth I thought ok I did an HPI check all will be well ,Ha f.....G Ha, what a waste of time that was ,They said that because they did not know about the damage it wasnt their problem so go away little man .So there I was with a squint back end ,and it was squint ,I had it checked,So what I decided to do is fix it and that is what I am doing with the help of another shell and a lot of photos and cable tags.And yes I am Insane and have a certificate to prove it.

Comment

B16, I kind of fell into the same trap as you. Except I only had myself to blame. I bought a car that on first inspection seemed to be fine. But once I took it to a mechanic (after I'd actually bought it!) I, along with my car were laughed at. But thats a very long story!

But, unlike you, I just sat around crying at my stupidity (not having it inspected before purchase etc)

Well done mate for pulling up your sleeves and going for it

If I had the slightest bit of mechanical/technical knowledge I too would role up my sleeves... unfortunately Im one of those arty-farty n*bs who, in his late 20's still struggles to wire a 3 pin plug ops:

Alps

Comment

that's some of the funniest things I've read in a long time! I admire you for doing this! if you need any help, just hollow, there are quite a few guys on here that should be able to help out! Especially Josh Stateside! BTDT!!

Good luck

Martyn
                      Martyn
                      -------------------------------------

www.vagparts.com

Comment

.....so it's the yellow connection going to the red one right? :eek2:

OMG........good luck with that - i can definately say i can't help you - i'm from the same camp as Alps!!!!!!

David
                        sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Looks fine to me. Is it supposed to look different then?
                          Just chuck the carpet in and no-one will ever know.
                          sigpic
                          Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
                          Audi UR Quattro
                          Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
                          Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
                          Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

s2driveruk and Alps we have a trio in ower knowledge camp
                            Vadim.

New engine (mechanical PKM head) , Alcon 332mm brakes , Pauter rods , Mahle pistons, GT30R , kw v2 sucpension , new exhaust. 608HP. For SALE !

Comment

I now have a completly naked body shell .no cables no nothing and if the wife would stop generating jobs for me to do in the house I could get on with some important work

Comment

Working...
                              X