Headgasket makes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headgasket makes

Looking briefly through the various options I have come across 3 different makes of audi s2/rs2 headgaskets.

Elring
    Victor reinz
    Goetze

Pete from Quattro corner has verified that victor reinz is the manufacturer of the OEM audi gasket. I was never aware of the goetze one and given the fact that the same make is used for the piston rings I am wondering if that is the actual manufacturer of the gasket as well. Also the goetze gasket I found on ebay was twice the price of the other 2.

Audi sells the gasket alone at 142 euro, Victor reinz can be found at 50£, goetze at 120 euro although a German shop is selling it at 68ish+shipping.

Does anyone have any inside information or is it a well known fact of victor reinz being the OEM maker?

i think its goetz the genuine supplier

Comment

Not sure on OEM manufacturer but the Reinz HG is well proven
      Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
      Indigo ABY coupé
      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

This is the reason for the search. If I truly have a gasket issue in less than 10k miles then that's a problem! Hence I don't want to go cheap on such parts that will give me headaches in the future. It may not be an issue at all but I stumbled upon these makes anyway. Good old internet

Comment

is it a gasket issue or is it a torquing down issue or a head or deck issue.

the last 3 will cause a gasket issue.

or turn the boost down lol

Comment

Well doing a 3d gear run today didn't cause any issues so it may have been coolant overflow issue after all. However I was just curious as to which manufacturer to choose for the future anyway

Comment

i used reinz mate.

used arps and torques plus a little.

seemed good. boost will find the water if the gaskets no good and cause problems

Comment

Originally posted by GazzaG60 View Post
                is it a gasket issue or is it a torquing down issue or a head or deck issue.

the last 3 will cause a gasket issue.

or turn the boost down lol
                Or a knock issue, even the slightest bit of knock can double cylinder pressure, knock that you can hear can quadruple cylinder pressure!
                so if your running ~500 hp with a little knock this can easily lift the head.

Comment

Originally posted by driftin jo View Post
                  Or a knock issue, even the slightest bit of knock can double cylinder pressure, knock that you can hear can quadruple cylinder pressure!
                  so if your running ~500 hp with a little knock this can easily lift the head.
                  Yes I am aware of that. Don't think there is an issue with that.

Comment

Coupled with the fact you have just had the main and Aux radiator off. It could have been airlocked, overfilled, loose cap. Any number of things....
                    Audi Nut!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tonks4x4 View Post
                      Coupled with the fact you have just had the main and Aux radiator off. It could have been airlocked, overfilled, loose cap. Any number of things....
                      Haven't done that yet Brian. Going tomorrow actually. Which is why for a second made me wonder if pressure build up was the reason for the main radiator damage. But I don't think so after today's test and check

Comment

Oh I thought you managed to get it done last week up your neck of the woods.

Well it will not help if still on the old rad then as it has a small leak it will be running hotter if air can get to the coolant.
                        Audi Nut!!!

Comment

That's true. Well hopefully tomorrow it will be fixed and I can retest.

Comment

Working...
                          X