Audi Tradition Orders for US.... Yes, but No

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audi Tradition Orders for US.... Yes, but No

I've spent months going through every contact I have from Audi Europe, AOA, Audi Tradition and Audi Club North America trying with the hope to formalize a process for US owners to order parts from Audi Tradition.

I finally got a contact at AOA (Russell Trowbridge) who was very helpful and reached out to my local dealer parts manager to inform him of the manual process that IS available to order parts from Audi Tradition.

Going through my local dealer I gave him the part number (895612065B, the high pressure hose, pump to bomb on an AAN) for my RS2 coupe conversion. Sweet!

Response:
    Audi corporate states part number 895612065B is not on file, and never was applicable for NAR vehicles, and therefore we are not able to place an order.

If the vehicle has been imported into the U.S. we would need the VIN, along with copies of the D.O.T. certificate and vehicle registration indicating the vehicle is here legally.

Me: WTF, it's just a hose...

(I told them it was an engine transplant, which is legal, and still no dice)

Sooooo if you have a part like the rubber door/window seals that would've been on the coupe or other NA imported car, you should be able to place an manual order (though you may have to educate you local parts manager on the process, i.e. contact Russ).

If it was a Euro part, like the hose I'm after, headlights, other specific S2, RS2 bits, you either need to import a S2 to beat AOA's stupid red tape or are SOL. So most of the real goodies are still out of reach.

Last but not least, I have found a French company VAmotorsport (no connection) that carries AT parts and I've successfully ordered from and shipped to the US. Just expect to pay equal or more than the AT listed price...

Hope this helps someone in the future.
    1990 Coupe Quattro, Full RS2 Conversion

http://www.europeancarweb.com/featur...rs2/index.html

2008 S4 Avant, Sprint Blue

VAmotorsport
    i know this shop, very expensive, but sometimes no choice to buy from them :-(
    Tof
    sigpic

Comment

Why not just ask a European or Canadian forum member to purchase the parts for you instead of dealing with the numbnutz at the US parts counter who have no idea what a 1990 Audi 90 is?

Comment

Originally posted by Audicted View Post
        Why not just ask a European or Canadian forum member to purchase the parts for you instead of dealing with the numbnutz at the US parts counter who have no idea what a 1990 Audi 90 is?

Anyone who needs a drop ship address, just let me know. I helped a gentleman from the US with this recently, and would happily do so again if it's helpful.
        Find me on Instagram @pry4sno
        2010 Golf Sportwagen TDI /// #farmenwagen
        2002 Dodge Ram 2500 24v Cummins 4x4
        1992 80q 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
        1990 Cq /// Project: Because Racecar

Comment

I'm sure there's members to help out (as posted) and I have a few distant contacts in Germany, but I wanted to see if I could get AOA to actually make this a real world solution. Also for timing, payment and organizational purposes I hoped that AOA would be "easier". The vote is still out.
          1990 Coupe Quattro, Full RS2 Conversion

http://www.europeancarweb.com/featur...rs2/index.html

2008 S4 Avant, Sprint Blue

Comment

Originally posted by PRY4SNO View Post

Anyone who needs a drop ship address, just let me know. I helped a gentleman from the US with this recently, and would happily do so again if it's helpful.
            It was much appreciated!

Also, going through Canada eliminates the 19% VAT tax
            1994 Cabriolet - 5 speed
            1995 90
            2011 A4 Avant
            1990 CQ - V8 (sold)

Comment

Happy to help Ben! Anytime, don't be shy.

Sent from my potato using Tapatalk

Comment

On eBay ?

http://www.ebay.fr/itm/AUDI-2-2-ABY-...-/391357165813

http://www.ebay.com/itm/895612065B-N...lWsL8B&vxp=mtr

Comment

Originally posted by PRY4SNO View Post
                  Happy to help Ben! Anytime, don't be shy.

Good for "PRY4SNO" for helping out! It is good to be able to order the NLA type items in a roundabout way still for our UrS's.

Comment

@PRY4SNO Are you Dustin?I sent the emails asking the brake Reservoir.It's pop from Thailand.glad to see you around.
                    one of a few I5 from Asia.

Comment

That's me! 😊

I'll be able to ship it as soon as I'm home from vacation.

Comment

@State'd RS2 Coupe - thank you for your efforts. It can be very frustrating getting part to us in the US. I too have tried to order from Audi Tradition a couple times in the past. It is also sad how little help the dealers, AOA, and AT are for us enthusiasts who love our older cars and wish to keep them in top shape for many years to come.
                        //-\\ ((_)) //)) //

Comment

Working...
                        X