Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Man shakes wife’s arm out of its socket…

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man shakes wife’s arm out of its socket…

Just driven back along the seafront in Worthing with the S2 Estate and there’s this couple probably in their late sixties walking along the prom. On seeing the S2 he immediately starts shaking her arm vigorously and pointing at it animatedly. They stopped walking and just stood there watching (him with his mouth open) until I was out of sight.

I’m guessing maybe an ex S2 Estate owner who maybe had one new, someone who was run over by one, a day release from the zoo or ours was on fire.

Can’t say I’ve even seen a reaction like that with the Ur or rally car.
    85 WR Urquattro, 85 20vT International liveried RallyRep
    93 MTMS2 Avant

what a reaction!! Maybe he was a previous owner??

Comment

Must've owned one back in the day, surely........maybe they got the leg over in it!

Comment

No. The guy was telling his wife "That's the train driver who was on the 7.34 to London last week"!

Nothelle S2 Avant
        Black Ur project
        Ocianic Ur project gone
        S2 Coupe project gone
        Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

I've only had my S2 a couple of weeks and so far I've had more complements on the S2 than any other car I've owned.

Comment

S2 are so rare here in Portugal that almost everybody doesn´t know what it is, most think it´s a tdi and in all of the 21 years I´ve had it, an Avant and it´s my daily, for the first time this year somebody gave me the thumbs up and asked me if it really was an S2.

Comment

A couple of weeks ago I was out with the S2 coupé, driving on the motorway. In the rearview mirror I see a car approaching quite fast.. Yellow Lamborghini (not sure on the model) comes driving next to me. Both guys inside giving thumbs up as they make the car rev loudly..
              My boys in the back were excited to spot a Lambo 'in the wild', and I guess the guys in the Lambo were just as excited to spot an S2. :-)

Comment

Maybe his name was stuart timothy hill

The quattro gets a few thumbs up and people asking if its a real one . I had a nissan gtr for a couple of months and that got loads of attention everywhere i went.

Comment

Its fascinating the sort of people certain cars attract attention and comments from. My cq20v gets some comments now and then but my 1972 saab 99 gets comments EVERY TIME I go out in it and its universally liked. Ive had people pulling along side while driving and shouting 'nice car' ive had old gents commending me on 'magnificent motor vehicle sir' , a couple of young lads scooting past the end of the driveway came back just to agree with each other 'thats a cool car' and finally driving through car parks with the window down you always hear one or two 'look at that old saab' and never any sort of reply from the bored wife!
                  Attached Files

Comment

I used to get interest and plenty of thumbs up when I last had this on the road with the ur size arches.
                    Guessing I'll get more when the lwb sport kit is finished and painted. Long way still to go though.
                    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by steve briance View Post
                      ......but my 1972 saab 99 gets comments EVERY TIME I go out in it and its universally liked.
                      That IS nice

Comment

Thankyou!

I really like its simplicity - 4 speed gearbox, window winder handle and a grand total of 10 fuses in the fuse box

Comment

Originally posted by steve briance View Post
                          Thankyou!
                          I really like its simplicity - 4 speed gearbox, window winder handle and a grand total of 10 fuses in the fuse box

I have an old Ford with similar credentials , there's something very enjoyable about these type of cars....what you see is what you get.

Comment

Working...
                          X