Spotted at Le Mans 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spotted at Le Mans 2010

Was wandering back from end of race and saw a black M plate S2 Avant in campsite near to the kart track? Was the only other S2 I saw over the weekend though.
    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

I saw none

i was there from fri and didnt see any S2, avant or otherwise.

Lots of rs4s and 6s tho

Comment

we were gone by then, otherwise 2 coupes in Houx Annexe
      sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

I was a 3rd coupe (not s2 just a 2.0 16v) parked on the Houx Annexe site thanks to david.

Had a great time david thanks for the tickets. You back yet how was your trip?

The start of the race was amazing, watching 50 cars come thundering past was brilliant We were both still half asleep on the friday when we met both looking a bit of a state lol. Caroline really enjoyed it too which helped me enjoy it more lol.

Left the campsite on the mon morning and went for a drive down the mulsanne straight. Pulled in at the first chicane and took some pics of my car lol, i'll add some photoshop motion blur As we were there an s2 avant (i think) drove past, was dark gray or black maybe.

Thanks again david

Comment

Hey Jim, glad you both a great time, we caught the start in a shop window in Chamonix looks like the weather was ok too and i saw a few mins on Sunday Morning before we headed out to Tots and then on the Grusch.

Still away, sat eating breakfast at the Bergstube in Nurburg. After both evening sessions were cancelled and I had settled up and packed for home, they then announced it would be open last evening for an hour and to cap it off, my other half said stay on , so will be doing the session this evening and off home on Thursday morning.
          Managed 3 laps last night consecutively which was great, if not a bit nervy initially due to doing them alone but was such a rush

So.....will you be back at LM next year?

Cheers
          David
          sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

It was me!

Been floating around on here for a while but thought I'd have to reply to this thread as I spent most of my Le Mans week looking out for other S2s, when not on the beer of course!

Originally posted by Greg_S View Post
            Was wandering back from end of race and saw a black M plate S2 Avant in campsite near to the kart track? Was the only other S2 I saw over the weekend though.
            I was on that campsite, parked on the road between the entrance to the circuit by the audi/bmw etc hospitality and the kart track. Indigo Blue L Reg Avant, didnt think there were any other S2s on the site - there was a green M reg Tdi a bit further down from me on the same road.

Originally posted by bikerjim View Post
            Left the campsite on the mon morning and went for a drive down the mulsanne straight. Pulled in at the first chicane and took some pics of my car lol, i'll add some photoshop motion blur As we were there an s2 avant (i think) drove past, was dark gray or black maybe.
            That would be me! just caught a glimpse of your silver coupe as we left for home so gave you a beep. Shame the attrition rate was so high this year as the early racing was brilliant, especially the Risi Ferrari-Corvettes in GT2 and would have been nice to see the Oreca Peugeot make the end, but theres always next year - maybe the Mansells and the Jag will make more than 4 laps in 2011!

Comment

Working...
            X