Check out the General Lee Audi!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check out the General Lee Audi!?!

Watch this clip. Very interesting car!!!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...26232047272481

PS Forgive me if it doesnt work as this is the 1st time I have tried this.

ATB Raoul.
    ATB

RAOUL

I thought this was gonna be gay looking but i really think that looks nice!

Comment

does anyone know anything about this car like engine?

Comment

Yeps

http://www.martinssonracing.se/
        RS2 Black - stock 315 HP
        RS2 RS blau - stock 315 HP
        Sport Quattro - 1005 HP
        High Octane website

Comment

what gearbox,diffs?

hi all ,does any one no anything about the general lee audi 80. I would realy like to know if its running a early pre torsen box with lockable center diff [if so is it locked], or the later torsen box[ and which type of torsen box] does it have the 60/40 converted center diff. is it running a frount Lsd [ does not look like it]or rear Lsd?

Comment

With either gearbox it's possible to drift like that.
            Here's a movie of my car drifting with 01E gearbox and rear torsen diff
            http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...72691&q=jeffry
            RS2 Black - stock 315 HP
            RS2 RS blau - stock 315 HP
            Sport Quattro - 1005 HP
            High Octane website

Comment

hi jeffer. I know you can drift with either set up ,but i can not make up my mind which is best? I rally a A1 [replica] rs2 engine ,016 torsen 5sp, i have had two recent gear box failers [one after a tight hairpin, the other coming out of a farily sraight chicane]both the same . strips teeth off 2nd gr then snaps input shaft. I run the quaife atb in the frount,Ive read lots about the torsen units there have been some reports that they can suffer with some sort of shock load when used hard ,ie slick tyers and massive weight transfer loads [sort of like axle wind up]. The way we understand the torsen is that if it detects slip it then sends more touque to the other axle . but we have found the car with the quaife diff up frount still seems to have to much tourque to the fr causing tq/ steer [you realy do have to hold the steering wheel as tight as you can on full throttle out of acorner]we wounderd if we remove the frount quaife then we get wheel slip up frount which the center diff will sense and send more power to the back axel where we need it. what do you think?this is part of the reason that I thought of going to the early pre torsen box and run with a locked center diff. but I dont think that would last long either? also we have just fitted a v8 rear diff but not fitted g/box yet Ray

Comment

Working...
              X