No announcement yet.

Sweet RS2 made by Dählback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mars2 i was referring to the fact that lightweight wheels are easier to bend and get damaged on street roads,not if they are better or worse on braking and accelerating!!! if i thought that i wouldnt have bought them!!!
    And besides, what does it mean 'makes the car look heavy'??? does it matter if it 'looks' heavy or if it IS actually heavy???

BBS LM are 2 piece and they are very lightweight,so it doesnt mean that if you get a 2piece rim it is heavy necesserally..

The veloce 3.6 do not seem smaller than they are AT ALL. Only if you get them in silver. AND they are NOT 2 piece.The nuts are only decorative(so no problem with corrosion that you do get on the BBS LM unfortunatelly.
    Last edited by A80Avant; 12 February 2009, 12:22.

Comment

Originally posted by maRS2 View Post
      Jamo where did you get that weight for those XS wheel?
      From Veloce

Comment

Originally posted by A80Avant View Post
        mars2 i was referring to the fact that lightweight wheels are easier to bend and get damaged on street roads,not if they are better or worse on braking and accelerating!!! if i thought that i wouldnt have bought them!!!
        And besides, what does it mean 'makes the car look heavy'??? does it matter if it 'looks' heavy or if it IS actually heavy???

BBS LM are 2 piece and they are very lightweight,so it doesnt mean that if you get a 2piece rim it is heavy necesserally..

The veloce 3.6 do not seem smaller than they are AT ALL. Only if you get them in silver. AND they are NOT 2 piece.The nuts are only decorative(so no problem with corrosion that you do get on the BBS LM unfortunatelly.
        I love the BBS LM,s but I do love those Veloce 3.6 alloys. They suit your darker coloured car perfectly

I'd kill for a set of LM's but Pixsaudisex2 has some, only room for one Avant in my city with the same alloys

Comment

I like the 19inch you chose as well.If i werent going to go back to Greece at some point,i may had chosen them myself.But lightweight+19inch in greece means that they wouldnt last more than a couple of years.... unless the car was only tracked or something.

Comment

A80Avant did you know that forged are much much stronger than Cast wheel and that's why they use forged wheel on rally.
            o for the same weight you get something titaly diferent in terms of strength.

"The ultimate in one-piece wheels. Forging is the process of forcing a solid billet of aluminum between the forging dies under an extreme amount of pressure. This creates a finished product that is very dense, very strong and therefore can be very light. The costs of tooling, development, equipment, etc., make this type of wheel very exclusive and usually demand a high price in the aftermarket. Semi-solid forging (SSF) is a process that heats a billet of special alloy to an almost liquid state and then the aluminum is forced into a mold at a very high rate. The finished product offers mechanical properties very similar to a forged wheel without the high production and tooling costs of a forged wheel. When low weight and performance are on your priority list, the SSF technology offers an excellent value. Currently only SSR (Speed Star Racing) from Japan is licensed to use this process for the production of wheels"

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/tech/....jsp?techid=90
            RS2 chip by mihnea,PKM short IM, forge dump valve, 3" custom stainless exhaust, 18"X8" Porsche 996 rims, conti contact 245/35 Front 225/40 Rear, QR sport top mount, Powerflex bushes, aloy sub frame bushes, neuspeed 19mm RARB,Hard tranny mount, V8 torsen on RS2

Comment

Jamo where did uo get the 7,15 kg? Dirctely from them? As on their website it's only stated to be strong enough to 715Kg.
              RS2 chip by mihnea,PKM short IM, forge dump valve, 3" custom stainless exhaust, 18"X8" Porsche 996 rims, conti contact 245/35 Front 225/40 Rear, QR sport top mount, Powerflex bushes, aloy sub frame bushes, neuspeed 19mm RARB,Hard tranny mount, V8 torsen on RS2

Comment

yes right,

If you go and use them on the ugly everyday roads with speed bumps,road bumps,pavements,obstacles etc take them after a year or so of everyother day use of the car and let me know how 'straight' they really are.

This is why i choose somewhere in between.

And there is no wonder why some top names in alloy wheel production for porsche (RUFF, WORK,RH) basically all their wheels are about 10-12Kg , AND they cost a fortune as well.

Comment

Working...
                X