Love or Hate the Quattro?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why is there so many bitter haters?

This guy has put some serious time and effort in to that. If you have nothing nice to say than say nothing at all.....

Credit due
    Chef

Comment

I think its a great bit of work. Credit where its due!

4 pots can be rapid if done properly, and probably handle much better than a 5!

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2
      1996 Audi S2 - 295bhp and 326lb/ft - Complete Rebuild Project

1994 Audi 80 - 2.0 8v (slow but reliable!)

Comment

The question was more around styling, the 4 pot 5 pot thing is of no real relevance to be honest

People need to calm down and keep things adult, of course people can comment if they do or do not like it that's the whole point of this thread

Comment

I think it is awesome.If the Audi 90 IMSA GTO is anything to go by,then I think it may be close to something Audi would produced themselves had they ever made a road racing version of the urquattro.

Comment

How much positive effect will the wings/ diffusers have on it? styling is a little bit too much max power fanboi, but if it is for purpose, and im thinking pikes peak effect, then fair enough.
            No question the guy has lots of skill, and finish is well executed.
            But for me a well styled car needs very little to bring it out, clean lines, nice wheels, and tidy bodywork.

Im going 50/50 on this, nice job, but a little much for my taste.
            05 Allroad
            05 Seat Alhambra

Comment

As a track car I love the 90 IMSA GTO and this follows much the same lines in styling terms, so from that perspective it looks good. The silver front light blanks aren't to my taste though. Aerodynamics are a bit of a thing for me and this guy has spent some serious time getting some form of ground effect at the rear: perhaps too many fins in there if I am being picky.

On balance I am swayed to loving the beast......but one last point.....the tow let's the whole image down ?
              Last edited by John B; 15 May 2012, 19:50. Reason: spilling
              2001 996 C4 - Being renovated
              1994 ABY Coupe - "Das Smaragd RS2+ Coupe" - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by dirtybarry View Post
                I prefer it looking like this! Just my opinion though.
                Its not even the same car

to me its function over form, I'm not convinced he was planning on entering it at the Detroit show as a concept, its made to be driven not tarted over at a geeky VAG show
                Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                Indigo ABY coupé
                Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
                  Its not even the same car

to me its function over form, I'm not convinced he was planning on entering it at the Detroit show as a concept, its made to be driven not tarted over at a geeky VAG show
                  Isnt this his second car? I seem to recall it was the wrecked s2 coupe on the picture, and this is its replacement.

Everyone is entitled their own opinion, but you got to give the guy(s) credit for building that radiacl thing. Looks well made (here on the computer though).

Would love some more movies of it in action.
                  Anders - S2 Avant Clubsport - 8pots or die!

sigpic

Comment

looks like a giant RC car
                    Volcano ABY coupe

Ant

Comment

its obviously purpose-built, fellas.. although the bottom half looks like it was iced off a Ferrari F40!
                      nonetheless- if you had to compare the S1 to the urQ im sure the people who first saw it were horrified... until it did what it did way back then

Comment

Working...
                      X