James Mays cars of the People 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by K Simmonds View Post
    I find it astonishing that Clive Sinclair sold his flourishing Spectrum computer company to fund the C5, that's got be one of the worst business decisions ever made.
    Yes. That was a blunder of 'ratners jewellers' proportions.

Comment

Originally posted by Audi J View Post
      Oh no! Eddie Jordan is what's most annoying about the BBC's Formula 1 program, an overly opinionated egomaniac. Coulthard who I used to think was the most boring driver in F1 actually makes a great presenter, like Martin Brundle did before him with their unique perspective of technical knowledge of the cars, tracks and drivers. Eddie Jordan needs a sock stuffing in his mouth, you can often see poor Suzie Perry wanting to do just that!!

For him to be on Top Gear along with an American sitcom actor, along with Chris Evans... I think it has "FAIL" written all over it. But I'll be happy to be proved wrong, who knows maybe they'll all have some kind of 'special' chemistry and be hilarious and informative...
      RS2 - Project Mental Wheels
      RS2 - LHD on the road again
      RS2 - reduced to component parts
      RS2 Saloon replica
      A4 1.8T
      BMW 320d Touring M Sport Business Edition auto
      sigpic

Comment

Sounds almost like it might be a car show after all

Comment

Yes, Top Gear did manage to turn Jeremy, James and Richard into painfully bad actors...
          RS2 Saloon replica
          A4 1.8T
          sigpic

Comment

I haven't seen this episode yet but I have seen him wax lyrical about Hydrogen before.
            As a Scientist my thinking is:
            1. Hydrogen does not occur naturally on Earth in a useable state for powering cars, it has to be made.
            2. Petrol/Diesel is the same, it has to be made.
            3. We have an efficient and relatively safe infrastructure for making, distributing and using petrol/diesel for powering vehicles etc.

So why not concentrate on taking whatever "green" power source might be used to make Hydrogen and see if it can equally effectively make petrol?

And yes, I know there's a further issue of emissions that I've ignored so far, but burning Hydrocarbons produces water and CO2 so design a production cycle that uses up some of that CO2. some fossil fuel power stations are already implementing CO2 capture systems anyway.

Your thought for the day..................

Comment

Smashing, the more science the better!!
              RS2 Saloon replica
              A4 1.8T
              sigpic

Comment

Indeed. I'm not sure how much you'll get from JM though. He clearly has an interest nowadays but his education was in music.

Comment

Working...
                X