10v NA FWD 5 speed gearbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10v NA FWD 5 speed gearbox

Bit of a long shot but I'm after a 5 speed FWD manual gearbox suitable for a JS (2.0 5cyl 10v) engine.

The JS engine was fitted in Audi Coupes 83-86 and Audi 80's 82-84 (also the GL5 which is what I need it for)

Or has anyone any ideas what other box can be used?

Ben
    the best intentions are fraught with disappointment - gil grissom

sigpic
    1994 ABY Avant - it's getting there

ben kv box is the same
    i had kv block with js box in my old gt
    94 s2 avant
    aoc member 1116

Comment

fwd tranny

have twice at home..... all the fwd 5syl trannys can be used... 3 different ratio have been used...4,56-1, 4,111-1 (most common) and som rare 3,889... they all will fit any audi IL5..10 or 20v.....i have sutch tranny to my 2555ccm....

Comment

IIRC you've got a 32B haven't you caterpillar? I just picked an '88 GL5 Auto which has a great engine and interior but the body is shot so I'm swapping it out into my '86 1.8(DS).

Ben

sigpic

Comment

Been a busy boy then today ben?! Give us a shout if you need a hand
          Was a '93 3B, Dont ask now tho......

Comment

I'm at work, unlike some folk.

Might need you for a bit of brute force on my latest ebay purchase.

Ben

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by s2avant
              I'm at work, unlike some folk.

Might need you for a bit of brute force on my latest ebay purchase.

Ben
              I started at 4 am!
              Brute force? I'll bring the sledge hammer, i mean adjustment tool.......
              Was a '93 3B, Dont ask now tho......

Comment

i do NOT think the tranny will fit on a 1,8 ds engine ,but you may fit in the hole engine and tranny in the other car.there are some welding for the enginemounths at the chassi,and for the radiatormounths,and frontchassi have to be changed too.the rest are pancakes.. then you may fit ANY audi engine.....in 1992 they all have same mounth holes

Comment

I'm not planning to keep the DS engine. It does the job but is a tad thirsty with the high lift cam and twin choke carb. I was thinking about dropping a 6A engine in but like the idea of using the I5 out of the GL5. Jason has other plans and wants to fit a 10V turbo!! I think traction might be an issue with that though as it's already wheelspin happy.

As I've got the whole GL5 as a donor car I can rip out any bits (like the front panel) that I need. It's a pity most of the bits for these old barges are obsolete though. Makes it more of a challenge to do them up. Nobody seems to do anything with them over here but on the continent there seems to be quite a following.

Ben

sigpic

Comment

one of my mates built a 10v turbo type 85 coupe and he used the box from an A80 formel E in it . when the box was on the old 2.0 JS fifth gear was useless but when u put 280 bhp into it it pulled like a train and the top speed was off the end of the speedo round towards odometer it also gave nice mpg which is what the box was designed for.

the car looked pretty cool too
                    Nautic Blue UR-Quattro RS2spec ABY20v kkk26/27 hybrid,Bremsport Brake Kit n some other Gubbins.water injection. Mihnea tuned Management The old Bus
                    0-60 4.9
                    1/4mile 13.5

Comment

was that gt in max power years ago if so its got mint dials
                      94 s2 avant
                      aoc member 1116

Comment

thats the 1
                        it was also in fast car too

it now looks like this
                        Attached Files
                        Nautic Blue UR-Quattro RS2spec ABY20v kkk26/27 hybrid,Bremsport Brake Kit n some other Gubbins.water injection. Mihnea tuned Management The old Bus
                        0-60 4.9
                        1/4mile 13.5

Comment

he wanted to get rid of it but it was worth more in parts than it was in one piece
                          0-60 4.9
                          1/4mile 13.5

Comment

was his name kev? rang him up asking advise was going to do the same thing with a mc engine im gutted its gone to the gods
                            94 s2 avant
                            aoc member 1116

Comment

he's called frank
                              i almost cried while we were stripping it

but i ended up owning most of the bits anyway

so there was an upside to it
                              0-60 4.9
                              1/4mile 13.5

Comment

Working...
                              X