H&R springs for coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H&R springs for coupe

I need a set of new H&R springs for coupe, if anyone has some or knows of someone or a company selling them, please let me know

cheers all
    Pearl white 91-S2-3B K&N cone air filter - Home made induction pipe work - 18" RS4 replica alloys - Yokohama Parada Spec 2 rubber - Colour coded body work - Bilstein/H&R suspension - s/s 3in turbo back Longlife exhaust - SFS water hoses - Samco boost hoses - RS2 FARB - RS2 eyeballs - Squeaky interior trim & 2 bar!

www.shyauto.com were the best price. AMD were over priced and had poor service when I ordered from them
    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

cheers greg, given them a call, they dont have any in stock but are going to contact H&R to see if they can get hold of some, fingers crossed
      Pearl white 91-S2-3B K&N cone air filter - Home made induction pipe work - 18" RS4 replica alloys - Yokohama Parada Spec 2 rubber - Colour coded body work - Bilstein/H&R suspension - s/s 3in turbo back Longlife exhaust - SFS water hoses - Samco boost hoses - RS2 FARB - RS2 eyeballs - Squeaky interior trim & 2 bar!

Comment

how much did they quote u if u dont mind me asking.
        3'' Longlife Exhaust, Koni Adjustables, H&R Springs, Full RS2 Setup with Mr Nugents RS2 Chips (just need the RS2 Airbox)

Comment

amd quoted 150+ vat, but they would have to order some in from H&R and ive heard there are probs with getting them at H&R

Shyauto have not quoted me yet, he is going to see if he can get them in and call me tomorrow. will post result

Comment

AMD quoted me £150 +VAT then when they arrived they wanted £230+vat because they ordered avant springs which was their mistake since I asked for coupe springs and they wouldnt honour the price and I had already paid for postage to me yet they wouldnt take the cost of return so I went elsewhere.

From memory it worked out at about £200 from Shy Auto inc delivery. PN's are 29939 HA and 29939 VA on mine I have VA's all round

thread on them is here:

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1636&
            Greg

Comment

why do you run VA all round greg and not use the HA's. whats the difference?

Comment

Originally posted by s2_southwest
                amd quoted 150+ vat, but they would have to order some in from H&R and ive heard there are probs with getting them at H&R

Shyauto have not quoted me yet, he is going to see if he can get them in and call me tomorrow. will post result

Hi
                did Shyautos get back to you with a price am looking for some of the same
                Dez

Never did overtime until i purchased........s2

Comment

I'm also interested - are these the springs that are a popular combination with Koni dampers? They might be on my shopping list too. As well as new bushes and top mounts, and and and....!!

__MDC__
                  Martin Cutting

aka Keeper of "The Teutonic Kitten"

It's not better than sex, but it runs it a close second.

Comment

they got backto me, and they cannot supply the coupe springs, they said H&R dont list them.

QST said that H&R make them espcially for them? and reckon they can get the coupe springs, £190 + vat if i remember.

Comment

190+vat sounds reasonable. Reason have VA's all round was that was what I was supplied with and I was told that H&R are suppling VA's all round now instead because it works better apparently. Dont have any complaints so far. Not sure how it would affect the handling with HA's on back instead though?
                      Greg

Comment

Originally posted by Greg_S
                        Reason have VA's all round was that was what I was supplied with and I was told that H&R are suppling VA's all round now instead because it works better apparently.
                        @Greg, is this because the HAs lower the rear to much? I seem to recall Porkiss may have hinted at this possibility.

@Porkiss can you confirm this?

Comment

Yeah the rear sits lower with the HA's on the back. QST told me they decided to try it with VA's all round like Koni do and it handled better.

Comment

Thanks for the confirmation Martin.

I wonder if this discovery has left H&R with an excess stock of HAs versus VAs? I'm sure they'd sell them on at a discount if this is the case to the discenrning public. (Maybe not )

Nuvo.

Comment

Working...
                            X